Transport vehicle questions

Rule discussion I already had on B&C

Me(Looted_Monolith) "as others see our codex as game breaking, it is, but its fragile at the same token with rage easily thwarted and rhinos that pop killing everyone inside because they move flat out."

(JamesI) "You can't get out of a vehicle that moves flat out on the same turn (so if somehow your rhino dies on your turn your dead) but on your opponents turn you can get out if the rhino dies."

(Looted_Monolith) "I don't run rhinos, or any vehicle aside from a Storm raven that can move flat out.

Where I am, we're under the impression that if a vehicle moves flat out and then is wrecked not Blown up

everyone dies because it specifically says so under a vehicle moving flat out.

I like watching eldar die, and it really has no negative effect on me as the storm raven specifically ignores this saying that a transported unit may still disembark after moving flat out. Ork trucks as well I think override this sudden death because of their ramshackle."

"And note it say "in the same turn as the vehicle has moved Very very fast", not Player turn, or phase."

(James I ) "LM, the rulebook states that anytime it uses turn it means player turn unless otherwise specified. This is a player turn issue. Vehicles moving flat out that are wrecked do not instantly kill the passengers."

Second S ome one said that you can only start the game, be deployed in a Dedicated transport. They say I must start the squad that wants to ride in a non-dedicated transport next to it and embark on my first turn.

The rule book makes no clear ruling as far as I can find, it dose however say that in reserve I can pack units into a non-dedicated transport and they may arrive on the table together.

MY PROBLEM: Iam very offensive player, I usually don't start in reserve or have any squad make use of deep strike, I don't like to leave it to luck to decide when my terminators/Van guard show up.

I typically run dual Storm Ravens packed full of Dreads+Veteran assault units w/Attached Hero's+and sang priest, turbo-boost on my turn and no matter where the enemy is hiding i have them second turn. All my tactics is thrown out the window if I have to spend first turn loading instead of torboboosting.

Can any one provide me with ample evidence for either side of these two arguments.

Would like page numbers from core rulebook to show friends, Iam unbiased on both topics just want to know the right way to play the game.

and THX 2 everyone for help specifically James I as he as already persuaded me once

Dedicated Transports, pg. 67 BRB states that a dedicated transport can only start the game with its own unit onboard, or ICs.

Stormravens are NOT dedicated transports, so that doesnt matter to them.

There is no other restriction on who can deploy inside a transport, and there wouldnt even need to be a statement about dedicated transports ONLY being able to deploy with the units they are intended for if there was a restriction units being embarked during deployment.

Your fine, your stormravens can have whatever you want in them during deployment, up to their capacity of course.

Archived