Tactical squad sergeants

Captain Denaro

In 4th edition when you could rapid fire pistols

4th edition never allowed you to double tap pistols. Pistols were never rapid fire weapons... that's why they are designated pistol, not rapid fire. Whatever you were doing then with pistols was wrong.

Well actually that wasn't why they were designated pistol and not rapid fire... rapid fire meant you could stand still and fire your normal profile... and if you moved you could fire twice at 12... either way you couldn't assault...

Pistols allowed you to move and fire once or stand still and fire twice... if you can access the daemon hunters or witch hunters codex check out the eversor temple assassins profile for the fast shot that says he always counts as stationary when firing his pistol (so he can fire twice). This rule also meant cypher could fire 4 pistol shots in a single turn as he had a special rule allowing him to fire two pistols at once.

@ Chaplain adam I wasn't suggesting a power weapon would help against big nasties I was just talking about generally making its points back by allowing you to ignore armour :) against gribble.... especially shiny golden gribble with wings!

If I'm honest the way I play with so many armies (Eldar, Guard, Dark Eldar, Chaos) most people only get a single chance to pistol me before I charge (or blow up) something but I do get your point... if I could rapid fire my pistols still I would be a lot happier...

Archived