TDA 3D Model WIP

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this fits here - is CG art generally not posted here? I've not seen a lot.

I haven't been able to paint for a while due to lack of light by the time I've finished work, got home, kids to bed... you know the drill.

So until I get a decent lighting setup sorted I'll be working on some CG. I've decided to model my beloved Deathwing Termies - I've yet to see a really accurate 3D model of terminator armour, plus I just love the DW vibe. Right now I'm just trying to block in proportions, the few terminator models I've seen have had really odd proportions. I'm modelling based on macro photo's of the original metal DW termie models, which I feel are better proportioned than the new plastic models.

Anyway not a lot to present yet - just one evenings work:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/3D%20Art/termy.jpg

Cheers,

LokisSword

Here goes a brief update - I'm a slacker I'll admit it..

However I'm now spreading my time between CG and painting as I've got a new painting light /yay!

Just a test render of the low poly model converted to sub-d and a few edge hardenings added (not all and not all in the right places yet).

I've done a little more work on completing the cheeks.

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/3D%20Art/termy2.jpg

Kolli: If I release the model - please feel free to render it in whatever colour you feel like, I might even offer it with alternate chapter badges, etc...

Prolly not much of an update over the weekend - hitting the beach :unsure:

Cya soon,

LokisSword

By the looks of the cheeks alone, I think this will become one smooth helmet. I'm building power armor in 3D myself, but I'm afraid to start on the helmet. :rolleyes:

I like the proportions and shapes, it looks good together. My only gripe is the eyes. Not only are they very wide apart, but they are very angular in relations to each other, almost like fish eyes. This combination gives me the impression that if you where to stick a head inside there, the guy would have a hard time seeing anything.

I know the design of the Helmet is somewhat to blame, but I think making the gap between the eyes a tiny bit narrower, and rotate the eyes a bit to the front would help.

Here's an example of how I'm thinking:

Terminator Helmet

Hey Codex Gray,

Glad to see another 3D modeller on here - any screenies yet of your 3D power armour? I'd love to see what other people are putting together.

I wonder if between us we could rival Codex Pictures, wasn't overly impressed with the Ultramarines teaser :D

I've got the cheeks finished and tidied a few lines up - overall I'm pretty happy with the look although there are a few smoothing errors to be corrected.

The vents up top and the ears are still placeholders, but proportions are ok I think:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/3D%20Art/bo.jpg

Regarding the eyes, I know what you mean regarding 'fish-head' syndrome - I'll see what I can do to tweak it, however I am trying to stay true to the minatures where possible. I'm not even sure you can fit someone into terminator armour and get their head far enough forward to see through the 'eyes'.. maybe they are autosense receptors that jack into the marine?

Don't know enough of the fluff surrounding TDA to call that one, anyone got something?

LokisSword

• 5 months later...

Archived