Flesh Tearers

Hey Guys,

im starting a new army again, and once more - its a power armored one.

Flesh Tearers, well you'll know the fluff, so i wont repeat is all over again.

Im gonna bulid around many dreads, as i love dreads since my start in 40k.

Here is the first test model, to check for the paint scheme and look overall:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/Auftraege/unbenannt-1.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/Auftraege/PICT0095.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/Auftraege/PICT0096.jpg

As you might notice, it was inspired by hellblade.

Tell me what you think.

Thhis army will at first grow slowly, as im still kind of busy with to other armies - one of them my wolfwing here, but i try to be at play level in 6 weeks.

Dude...Just...Dude...That just REEKS of AWESOME SAUCE!

One thing, Flesh Tearers should be a darker hue of red. Its Outstanding painting, just too close the Blood Angels in the shade in my opinion.

Wow! This is seriously awesome!

Only thing that I can think of to critique is the arms, I think they look a little weak compared to the rest of the dreads bulk. Perhaps some armour plates could be used to beef them up?

Looks great, I'm guessing it's inspired by Vincent's dread?

Yes, by hellblade, as mentioned. It was created around the time i even started with 40k and painting minis, and it was always one of my fav models overall. So figured, for Flesh Tearers, it would make a nice fit and a kind of tribute anyway. ^_^

One thing, Flesh Tearers should be a darker hue of red.

Perfectly right. Its just me that i like shiny colour and red especially, looks just better on the table. But normally FT should be darker in the red, thats true.

Oh snap Capt. Nuss is back in tha HOUSE!

Never really gne.

Last power armoured stuff was my "Wolfwing"; searchy would show it, i guess.

really fits the tearer's fluff with the CC weapons

Jep, just love the blades. But cutting them out of plasticard is such a darnn work.... ;)

---------------------------------------

Ok, guess its a liked scheme overall as it looks; i just will concentrate more on the basing for future models in this army. Some oil or blood or cables or whatever, but a tad more colour.

Indeed, the red is awesome! I don't think the battledamage is so harsh, this thing just rams into the enemy, whatever it may be - it is bound to get dirty and scraped! One thing though, I think it could have used a little blood splatter here and there.

If you don't mind me asking: how did you managed the red armored part?

Keep the Tearers coming!

Wuh oh, the legend of Capt. Nuss is back! :D Prepare yourself for floods from drooling people and earthquakes from the sheer amount jaws hitting the floor!

Excellent work on the red paintjob Nuss, but I feel the blades are too clean in my opinion. Eitherway better than anything I could do ever.

Cambrius

Great looking Dread - just love the way it's charging into combat!

really fits the tearer's fluff with the CC weapons

Jep, just love the blades. But cutting them out of plasticard is such a darnn work.... :P

Ever thought about using the small circular sawblades from a dremel instead? That might save so much frustration in cutting them out od plasticard.

I think your model looks great. I like the pose, and the colors used. This dreadnought has a great paint job and your NMM is amazing. The only suggestion I have for you is that you should turn the saw blades around, the teeth of the saw are supposed to bite into what ever it is cutting - that's only a nit-picky thing, fantastic model!

I think your model looks great. I like the pose, and the colors used. This dreadnought has a great paint job and your NMM is amazing. The only suggestion I have for you is that you should turn the saw blades around, the teeth of the saw are supposed to bite into what ever it is cutting - that's only a nit-picky thing, fantastic model!

Perhaps it is spinning clockwise to shower gore into the air!

Archived