Blood ravens shoulder pads

I´m starting a blood ravens army and I wonder if someone could tell me how to put the insignia in the shoulder pads.I´m afraid Freehand is too difficult for me. any suggestion?

i'm in a similar situation, but made the 'genius' decision to greenstuff the blood ravens logo on the shoulder pads, and to be fair, it made it easier. i would say, doodle it, start with a triangle, flat across the top and then work from there...

Just to add to that comment. Once you have one and you are happy with it then make a press mold (Google it)

You can then replicate the exact same logo in the same place on all of your pads.

Ive done this with an ultra pad and it works a treat

On thing you could do is use the Blood Angels sculpted pads and add a head onto them.

Actaully, looking at them now it would probably be easier to use pack 2 and sculpt a head onto that then add the wings either by freehand (it aint too hard) or GS.

::EDIT:: dodgy link

here's the best example i could find quick, its of my blood ravnes captain, the problem is you can't see the shoulder pad, but you can see the badge on his chest, that should give you the meaning

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...+ravens+captain

hope that helps

I personally think if you were to take a cast of the metal Dark Angel shoulder pads you would get a much better start to the blood raven chapter symbol. I know that chapterhouse cannot make perfect copies because of copyright and all that jazz but they just aren't that good in my opinion. That said some of his stuff is interesting and worth a look at.

Archived