Apoc Strategic Assets

pueriexdeus

Looking at the Replacement rules on pg 66 of Apoc reloaded, and cross referencing it with the BRB pg 4&5 outlines what a unit is in a limited fashion.

So the question is can an Apoc Formation be a unit for the Replacement Strategic Asset?

I would think so, for example; SM Armoured Spearhead, Line Breaker Squadron, Ancient Assault Force or Deathknell Orbital trike Force, the unit operates within coherency, and have rules that are effective only if they act as a cohesive unit. All other factions, IG, Tau, Orks etc, have similar formations that could fit in this ruling.

For sake of argument I think things like Battle Company's, and The Grand Warhoarde might be a bit much.

Thought?

No, you can only replace a unit, not a formation. A formation is made up of units, it isnt one itself.

However, it can be a superheavy unit that you replace.

No, you can only replace a unit, not a formation. A formation is made up of units, it isnt one itself.

However, it can be a superheavy unit that you replace.

Reaver x2 that would work.

GM has the right of it, a unit is a unit, not a formation. note also that a unit does not include its dedicated transports or attached IC, both of which are seperate units. Also note that not a single formation you listed actualy "operates within coherency." As a matter of fact the only formation I can think of that quallifies as a unit is the Hive Mind Brood.

Archived