Techmarine and servitors

Hi!

I don´t use tech marines very much (neither none of my friends) so I decided to tried them but some doubts coe to me about the servitors.

1) the techmarine of the TSC allows you to include servitors (literally is a techmarines)?

2)If the first answer is affirmative can the servitors join the techmarine AND the TSC?

3)Are the servitors a scoring unit if the objetive is "aniquilation"?

Finally, even thnking that probably it is not the right place i would like you to tell me your experiences with techmarines, do they worth?

thank you

1) No, hes not. Hes a Techmarine Gunner RAW.

2) No, they couldnt even if he could take them- you cannot simply choose to conjoin two units because theres a potential independent character in one of them.

3) Aniquilation? Ive never heard of it. In "annihilation" there are no scoring units.

As for Techmarines, you should ask that in the Tactica section. Just two subforums down. ;)

Yes, they are. They are a seperate unit from the Techmarine/MotF that took them so they count.

Just like a Command Squad and a Captain, or a Rhino and Tac squad.

One minor note: Unlike the other Marine codecies, Blood Angel servitors are part of the Techmarine entry as options and thus will not give up an extra kill point.

Of course, our Techmarines also aren't ICs, because apparently they don't like playing with other Blood Angels ;).

One minor note: Unlike the other Marine codecies, Blood Angel servitors are part of the Techmarine entry as options and thus will not give up an extra kill point.

Of course, our Techmarines also aren't ICs, because apparently they don't like playing with other Blood Angels :rolleyes:.

Indeed, its the same with SW Iron Priests... but neither codex has access to a TFC either.

@Grey Mage

For your information, Aniquilation is just a direct translation of how the mission is named in spanish (Aniquilación). Most of us non-english speakers do try our best to translate and make our ideas understood.

Fortunately, you were helpfull as always and associated Aniquilation to Annihilation ;)

@Khorneeq

I'd say its normal wound allocation for a unit... If you loose the technomarine, I think (don't have the book with me) a special rule kicks in for the servitors. But I believe that you don't have to remove the models.

@Grey Mage

For your information, Aniquilation is just a direct translation of how the mission is named in spanish (Aniquilación). Most of us non-english speakers do try our best to translate and make our ideas understood.

Fortunately, you were helpfull as always and associated Aniquilation to Annihilation :)

"Gracias, me habla espanol... un poco. "Aniquilation" est mas alla de me vocabulario. Me habla francais bueno."

As its been about six years since I took a spanish class, I figured hed just pulled a butter-fingers, sorry.

@ Tanhausen

My bad that I didn't write it clearly.

Blood Angels codex is wrote little differently than codex Space Marines.

Servitors don't have their own special rules, they are placed in the Techmarines entry similarly to wargear which confuses me. "Techmarine can be accompanied by servitors".

Sin problemas - No problem

What could you expect from a SW...a shame my primarch didn't smack hard enough :lol:

@Khorneeq

I don't have the C:BA so I can't help you out there, sorry.

I think that BA servitors will still be alive if the techmarine gets shot out of the unit. Unlike Fenrisian Wolves for SW characters, the actual listing for the servitors is in the unit composition heading as "0-5 Servitors", which leads me to believe that a BA techmarine and his servitor buddies operate as a normal squad on the battlefield.

And apparently, we use smarter servitors than most of the other Chapters as they don't go braindead without their shepherd :lol: .

Yeah, theyre just like buying extra marines in a tactical squad for C:SW and C:BA, with no mind-lock issues. *Shrugs* put it down to better craftsmanship with the two older chapters, as opposed to the average of a thousand newer chapters or some such.

I see no reason why not, but it will be dificult as you cant get within 1" of the enemy who will by definition be BtB and forced to try and suround the dread. You could charge and join the assault but I dont think you can repair if the techmarine himself is locked in combat.

It he meets all other criteria as Frosty pointed out and the other Blessing of the Omissiah rules are met there is nothing stopping the Techie repairing the Dread even if he (the Techie) is locked in combat. According to the BotO rule C:SM p71, the only time it can't be used is when the Techie falling back or has gone to ground.

It he meets all other criteria as Frosty pointed out and the other Blessing of the Omissiah rules are met there is nothing stopping the Techie repairing the Dread even if he (the Techie) is locked in combat. According to the BotO rule C:SM p71, the only time it can't be used is when the Techie falling back or has gone to ground.

He can't shoot if locked in CC, therefore he can't repair instead of Shooting. Same logic as for running.

• 4 weeks later...
Since it says you bolster the ruin before the game begins, I'd say yes, you can. It also makes no mention that he has to be on the table in order to do so. It simply says "During depolyment pick one ruin...."

Archived