Narius's Blood Angel Plog

narius

Hi everyone. Just thought i'd post a pic of my first finished piece, My Furioso dreadnought. I usually play fantasy so this is my first attempt at painting 40K models. I intend to upload units as I finish them. Wish I could spend more time on making the army look a bit different but in the busy world of children and work I have to fit in painting when I can. gallery_53614_4977_1429282.jpg

Very nice, you are to a great start painting 40k minis

Thank you, Like I said, I'd like to spend more time on the hobby but life's sort of got in the way (In the nicest of ways). I'd hoped to spend more time on a cool weathering technique but in the end I thought that the simplest way may be the most appropriate.

I'm liking this a lot so far, a few slight issues I have though. Firstly your terminator doesn't even have mud on his boots yet the dreadnought looks like he's due a repaint. Ican't say I've ever been a huge fan of weathering on models (I like to think my armies wash their vehicles/armour after battle) but if you want to go with it, a bit more consistancy wouldn't go a miss. Otherwise keep it up.

Random Guy

I'm liking this a lot so far, a few slight issues I have though. Firstly your terminator doesn't even have mud on his boots yet the dreadnought looks like he's due a repaint. Ican't say I've ever been a huge fan of weathering on models (I like to think my armies wash their vehicles/armour after battle) but if you want to go with it, a bit more consistancy wouldn't go a miss. Otherwise keep it up.

Random Guy

Cool! To be honest, originally I was going to HEAVILY weather the whole army but then when I read the fluff in the new dex I realised that they would be wearing the most highly prized armour I thought maybe i'd drop that idea.

When I started to do the dreadnought I was going to go for a small ammount of "Battle damage" rather than weathering concidering Furiosos are supposed to be close combat dreads, unfortunately I went a bit crazy, especially with it's right arm... He now looks like he's run through a brick wall! :)

The dread looks GREAT! I love de damage and scraps and so on...

The terminator... the eyes look funny (specially its left) but maybe its just because of the pic!

Just curiosity... how much does it take you to paint a dread? and a termi?

The dread looks GREAT! I love de damage and scraps and so on...

The terminator... the eyes look funny (specially its left) but maybe its just because of the pic!

Just curiosity... how much does it take you to paint a dread? and a termi?

Cheers, I'll try and sort the camera/lighting issues for the next pics, the termy eyes are pretty even it's just that the left eye seems to have a reflection from the camera.

If you mean how long did it take, the dread is the basic forgeworld one so it needed to be cleaned up and washed, I started of by spraying it blood red over a white primer so a huge corner was cut, all in all the dread took about a week and the termy about a day, I prepped the other 4 at the same time and sprayed the whole lot in one go.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I think I get way too critical of my own work, I've been using Vallejo spray gloss varnish (Then Testors dullcote). The gloss coat seems to bring out the red quite a bit more bit. On the downside it makes the transition between the red and the scab red I've used as a shade less visible. Just bought an airbrush aswell so I hope as this Plog goes on my models get a bit better :) Here's a couple more pics:

gallery_53614_4977_1550540.jpg

gallery_53614_4977_573457.jpg

Archived