Abaddon!

i built my iron warriors count as abaddon about 2 weeks ago now and i have played him in a few games, he has a habit of blitzing through carnifexs in one assault. i play him with 4 termies in a land raider i do have an approximate list of kills in total over 2 weeks.

first game - 2 carnifex, most of a genestealer squad.

second game - his squad took out a chimera and assaulted the contents (killing all veterans and their commisar) as well as 5 rough riders would foolishly assaulted the termies.

third game - same tyranid play got his hive tyrant, one carnifex and some gaunts (he was kept killing the gaunts until the last turn where they were all killed.

for me he has been nothing but success and he is feared but my friends :)

I used Abby pretty exclusively in apocalypse games. One time I played him, he teleported in alongside his terminator retinue and hucked a void grenade at an ork stompa, causing serious structural damage. None of his squad survived the titan's return fire, or the counter charge of the orks it disgorged, or the ricochet of the void grenade, but he himself survived all three to charge the towering ork monstrosity two turns later, his daemon sword causing a titanic chain reaction in the unstable behemoth's fusion generators. The resulting explosion wiped out dozens of orks, a full unit of stompas, and another chaos terminator unit that had teleported in after the Despoiler.

Abaddon "teleported back to the safety of his command ship at the last possible moment" of course, but his rampage had crumpled the ork's eastern flank single handedly, and ensured victory for the forces of chaos.

Of course, that was a uniquely impressive performance. Usually Abby either eats his own void grenade (to the point that I started giving it to someone else), or takes a D plate to the face as soon as his retinue enters the board (I eventually started bringing his unit in on the third turn to give me at least one turn to try and take down enemy titans that entered by reserve), but he was still worth fielding for that one game.

I used Abby pretty exclusively in apocalypse games. One time I played him, he teleported in alongside his terminator retinue and hucked a void grenade at an ork stompa, causing serious structural damage. None of his squad survived the titan's return fire, or the counter charge of the orks it disgorged, or the ricochet of the void grenade, but he himself survived all three to charge the towering ork monstrosity two turns later, his daemon sword causing a titanic chain reaction in the unstable behemoth's fusion generators. The resulting explosion wiped out dozens of orks, a full unit of stompas, and another chaos terminator unit that had teleported in after the Despoiler.

Abaddon "teleported back to the safety of his command ship at the last possible moment" of course, but his rampage had crumpled the ork's eastern flank single handedly, and ensured victory for the forces of chaos.

Of course, that was a uniquely impressive performance. Usually Abby either eats his own void grenade (to the point that I started giving it to someone else), or takes a D plate to the face as soon as his retinue enters the board (I eventually started bringing his unit in on the third turn to give me at least one turn to try and take down enemy titans that entered by reserve), but he was still worth fielding for that one game.

You know take a Slannesh sorcerer with him next time... and just lash people into that nade ;) it will make you warm and fuzzy on the inside! especially if they have the masters of the chapter or something near by...

^^^

That's disgusting. It makes me sick to the stomach ;)

makes you sick, brings a tear of joy to my eye :D

Come on that is pretty funny. At least it is if you aren't a chapter master :)

I've had him carve through 9 jerky Tyranid warriors from 4th edition (think Nobs; all different biomorphs), 14 genestealers, a hive tyrant, and 3 tyrant guard all in one game. He was on his last wound by the end of it, but still...

You know take a Slannesh sorcerer with him next time... and just lash people into that nade

and how do you get through runes of warding and Psychic hoods/runes staffs ?

Luck and lots of it.

It realy has to be a lot considering every imperial/eldar/tau army would run a rune staff for stoping lash on +3/4 , corbs to re-roll it and runes from a seer . And even then it would work only if someone played a footslogging list with transports or if in the case of IG played with a footslogging army but didnt have a rhino/chimera wall in the front to stop lash movment.

I've only ever used him once, in an apoc game. he ran through a soulgrinder and then took 4 wounds off Angrath the Unbound while The wee beastie was getting rerollable invuls from carios

I've used Abby once or twice. But each time wins me the game. Not by massive carnage, but by being on the table. I ran him straight at an IG gun line. taking 2 turns of constant battering from the numorous lasguns, autocannons, and battle cannons. Even though he came up short by like 3", the other 1500 pts of chaosy goodness arived unscythed. And commenced the unholy acts we all know chaos to be know for. Another time was against orks, which he worked wonders. He finally got disgusted of killing stuff after wipeing the UberNobs, 40 someodd boys and 2 Battlewagons. Ahhh...the tales of the Chaos Ascendant. Only in Abbadon will the powers of Chaos unite, and woe to those who stand in his way.

The two times I used Abby in games, when I stilled played chaos, he was an absolute beast.

Game one was 1850 against nids (prevous dex), my friends genestealer mob led by a brood lord charged him and after melée he was by himself surround by dead nids without taking a wound....my friend was so mad.

Game two was an apocalpsye game vs a friends IG and marine list. He had 3000 pts of his Iron Hands that flanked into my side and Abby was surround by 40 zombies at the end of the game he had 6 zombies left suffered 1 wound from a thunder hammer and killed all 3000 pts of the Iron Hands by himself stupid zombies could not wound crap. Best part was when Abby ripped off the sponson of a crusader and immobilizing that was right next to him before he beat it down in the next round followed by killing ten Th/ss in round of melée when he charged

I use him in my infantry army of Word Bearer ( my Azatoth)

abaddon

terminator slaanesh sorcerer with combimelta and lash

10 marines IoCG, laser melta and PF champ

10 marines IoCG, laser melta and PF champ

10 marines IoCG, laser melta and champ with pf combimelta and melta bombs

5 oblis

1500 points

I have been playing 40k for a long time. The first part of my gaming career, my gaming group tended to play lower points games, so we were unable to play with Abaddon due to codex rules. The few times I did manage to field him, I had a tough time remembering all of his special rules and such, and probably didn't use him very wisely. I have only used him ONCE under the "new" codex. In that game, against Space Wolves, when I did charge into battle with him and his squad, it was through a tiny gap between two walls. I charge in with my first terminator, who then blocked the path by like 1/21312343rd of an inch, not allowing Abaddon to make it into base to base. The next turn, he was EATEN BY THE JAWS OF THE WORLD WOLF!

The great Despoiler, the leader of the Black Crusades, the BLIGHT OF MANKIND is eaten up by a no-name rune priest. Again, proof that the Dark Gods do NOT have a plan for Abaddon. Granted, I did have to roll a 6 to have him die, which was, well, a 1 in 6 chance. Tzeentch works in mysterious ways.

I probably won't be using Abby in non-apoc battles for a very long time.

I used to use Abaddon very constantly.

His list of kills includes a Space Marine Chapter Master, the Ork Nob Biker (Wazdakka, I think, the guy with the bike of the aporkalypse) HQ, a stompa single-handedly in close combat, a Hive Tyrant, a few Carnifexes, four dreadnoughts (all in one game of Apocalypse, good times). I've recently taken to giving him the Daemon Seed Chaos strategem in apocalypse. Had some fun with that one.

Archived