Abaddon!

this is a 2 parter

triumph He killed a 20 man death company a blood angels termiantor assault squad mephiston and a land raider crusader

Failure lost in combat against eldrad wow that was some terrible rolling

lol that sounds like lies but grats anyway but then again thats because Ive seen Abby fall to gundrones in a assault...oh and firewarriors in assault but that was 3rd Ed tau whien farsight was semi better. But also how many wounds did he have after this proposed encounter?

3 games spring to mind:

1500pts v space wolves: Abaddon charges and kills in one turn 5 wolf guard terminators and a SoTB wolf lord!

2250pts vs Alpha legion: Abaddon holds the left flank on his own after his bodyguard and support squad was wiped out and takes on and kills 1 chaos lord+5 terminators, 10 chosen, 20 chaos marines, a rhino and 10 havocs in 5 turns :o

2000pts v iron warriors: played against a mate using a fugitives horus heresy army including perturabo, abaddon slaps the 450pt primarch in one turn, then munches his honourguard and landraider in the next 2 turns

Big Daddy A rocks!

• 3 weeks later...

thought i would bring this back as its my favourate abaddon moment...

somebody i beat in a game recently described me as a cheat today, in return i stated it is luck of the dice, power of the army and finally skill of the player. this was not warmly received and he challenged me to use one of my units to fight a 1000 point tyranid army to "prove your skill as a player if it is so important"

i immediatly turned to my abaddon.

he went first moving one squad of gaunts just in range of abaddons charge, rolled a 5 for D6 attacks and wiped out 8 of 10 gaunts...

the game continues on this note, the game was called to a stop 3 turns in, my friend announced that abaddon had killed 20 hormagaunts, 15 genestealers and a carnifex.

as abaddon walked towards the next squad the guy picked up his remaining nids and walked away.

abaddon had 2 wounds remaining.

i know its never fun to annoy other players but i thought it was appropreate as the awesome of abaddon dispoiler knocked a stuck up fool of his pedostool into a scummy pool of realisation...

DON'T MESS WITH ABADDON, THE CHAOS GODS' BEZZIE!!!

Last week he killed a 30 men IG squad (with his Berzerker buddies) and then he moved out to challenge Mephiston.

Mephiston took the challenge and got utterly destroyed by Abaddon himself. I took 4 wound and managed to save 3 so I was left with 3 wounds.

I got a 6 (lucky bastard) for my Dweapon and with poor rolling gave Mephiston 4 wounds, all I can say is he went down like a sack of patatoes :)

He went on to take out a Chimera and then the game was over. It was a 2v2 ^_^

The week before that he took out 1 Rhino, 10 Noise Marines and a Deamon Prince, a nice score count if you ask me.

:D

Abaddon is ok, I've used him a couple of times in the past for laughs and he did alright though he never survived a game that I didn't table my opponent in as far as I remember (so against people that didn't suck). Usually though he and his squad would wipe whatever their LR was pointed at, and then get shot up so probably not worth the 600+ points the whole thing was worth. He would be better if his daemon weapon 1's didn't leave him doing nothing too, makes him too undependable for such an expensive char.

Oh and Tiemo, who the hell takes 20 Death Company? Sounds like someone that really likes getting tabled by turn 3 by anyone with half decent shooting.

• 1 month later...

I used Dark Apostle Nabukad Ussar (counts as Abaddon) today for a shock of crazy, and it proved very useful. He almost earned his points back, killing a squad of bloodletters and a squad of plaguebearers. The best though was guarding the defence lines and beating down a Keeper of Secrets to one wound so he (hit-and-)ran away. My Apostle took one wound himself and was all about killing others when the game ended.

You've got to teach those deamons who's in charge right?

Archived