Demon Prince

Gregg

I've been doing an Iron Warriors army for a few months now and the first thing I did (well technically the Dreadnought for first) was this Demon Prince who I've only recently got to painting. I need to know how to make it better, any advice that you think would make it look better would be greatly appreciated. And I mean any.

Anyway on to the pictures!

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4c0326dc012b0.jpg

Let me know what you think, and most importantly, criticize as much as you can!

Awesome. Firmly believe that GW should do more mechanical daemons and less fleshy ones. Remember the Cyber Daemons of Doom? How cool were they!

You done very good there my friend.

In game you could say it's massive legs allow it to move as a pair of wings. I could imagine it jumping around the battlefield.

Awesome Daemon Prince! This guy is so much more intimidating than the regular DP.

How about some servo arms coming out of his back? Or maybe a trophy rack and lots of chains.

IW need servo arms ;)

In my area, nobody will mind if I say that the massive hydrolic legs count as wings. Anywhere that does mind is somewhere I don't want to be, honestly. Also, having read all of the FAQs at least once, I can safely say that that is the most bogus ruling they've ever done. No room for creativity... maybe there are renegade armies who don't actually have the mutations that other more veteran Chaos do. But that's just my opinion on the matter and I've yet to meet somebody who has disagreed. I'll just get off the soapbox on that one a little early.

In game you could say it's massive legs allow it to move as a pair of wings.

the chaos FAQ says the wings have to be modeled to get the rules.

Maybe, but that would only be in GT play. I'd find it hard to imagine a player in a friendly game saying otherwise.

if the faq arent in effect for in normal games , then we are in for a world of hurt . specialy with the IG rulings [by RAW the debuff to reservs stacks for example] /

Also, having read all of the FAQs at least once, I can safely say that that is the most bogus ruling they've ever done.

it is one of the kind , never before were people forced to model a choice just the way GW wants and the fact that they enforcing counts [and the faq , just like the dex are made when 5th ed rules were ready] makes it even more special.

Of course nothing stops people from giving their DPs wings the size of those from NL helmets... in epic.. but that is a different story linked to the fact that no winged DP for w40k was ever made so there is no official size of the wings one has to have.

But going back to the models do the legs move ? can he lower and rise himself up ?

Awesome. Firmly believe that GW should do more mechanical daemons and less fleshy ones. Remember the Cyber Daemons of Doom? How cool were they!

I whole heartedly agree! I love modeling and converting Biomechanical monstrocities! That is what makes the Choas Marines so cool!

Awesome Demon prince. Well done.

who cares about bases? it's a fine looking model and fits in with his army so i for one wouldn't have a problem either with it flying or not being on a base :o

really nice work on it, i've used the =I= scale magos for a prince conversion aswell but it's certainly not as grand as yours heh

/golfclap

if it doesnt have a base you cant check range or charge it.

ofc here was me thinking you can't check range or charge defilers either and we couldn't possible agree to treat it the same way as you would a defiler before the game like gentlemen (or possibly some other arrangement).

I like how you converted him, reminds me of something you would find in from the Savage Morticians from Dead Sky, Black Sun. If anyone thinks that that Demon Prince can't fly just introduce them to a jumping spider.

Archived