that last 100 points...

Hi,

I have written up a nice 1k black legion list but am unsure what to spend my last 100 points on.

do i get;

a dreadnought with 2DCCW?

A predator destructor with heavy bolters?

or 5 raptors to act as a bullet shield...oops! i mean bodyguard for my chaos lord?

Any thoughts? Would it help more if i post my 1k list?

A better question IMO would be "what does your army need more of that can be had for 100 pts?".

A dual DCCW dread won't do much on his own, but if he would compliment your daemon princes and advancing rhinos as far as armor saturation is concerned, sure go for it. Worst case he stands around shooting twin linked bolters at stuff he can't hurt, right? Still, IMO he doesn't bring much to the table and is unreliable to boot, with very little advantage for it.

Dakka pred would go well if you lacked long range fire support, but you could slip another oblit in and have change left over for the same points, and oblits are good vs any target.

What would 5 raptors bring to the table that your army lacks? If you took 5 raptors could you squeeze 2 meltaguns or flamers in there to make them more than just the bodies the unit is composed of? How about chaos glory to keep them from fleeing the table with your expensively kitted(guessing) winged lord?

How about a small scoring unit

A six man squad of marines with a meltagun, a five man squad with a flamer and champion or a five man squad with plasmagun and an icon of Chaos glory could all be yours for 100 points. Not neccessarily the most exciting or tactically beneficial units but they would be adaptable to several situations and could be easily expanded upon when you expand your army.

If you feel you already have scoring units down, or just don't fancy more infantry then you could take a greater demon. Personally if this is just a fun list, I'd take the Dread, as I'd say they offer some of the best conversion oppotunities and look awesome.

JG

Without knowing more about your list, my gut instincts are:

1) 7 Lesser Daemons (assuming you have alot of Icons present)

2) 3 Terminators with 2 Combi-Weapons or Heavy Flamer/Combi or maybe a Power Fist

How about a Greater Daemon? I know some people don't like them But they are pretty damn hard.

Plus the look of terror on your enemies (valued gamer) face when a lowly aspiring champion becomes a raging Daemon of doom, is always heart warming :devil:

Plus it a bargain at 100pts.

Plus it a bargain at 100pts.

that is a lie . a GD costs . 100pts + the cost of the asp champion he kills +the cost of the transport that gets a footslogging wingless MC in to hth range [hoping it wont pop before your in range].

I don't get that argument. Yes, it costs you a champ, but you'd be taking him anyways. Yes it takes a rhino for proper application...but you'd be taking it anyways. The champ dies, but the rhino is useful afterwards and is used above and beyond that one goal.

So In my mind the cost is just the 100 pts+a champ that you'd be taking anyways in your list. Would hurt a little if he had a fist, but all in the name of sacrifice for the greater good(evil?). :rolleyes:

At 1k pts espescially on a smaller board a GD would be freaking nasty for 100 pts. Still, the use relies heavily on luck so I can't recommend it too highly, other than for fun.

he kills the champ. if the champ dies you have to use a different one [which maybe on the other side of the board , but considering how slow the GD demon is it may just as well be 4-5" away and it will never get to hth] . A DP costs 150+ points . doesnt kill your own models , is there from turn 1 and flys , the same thing can be said about any other chaos unit[well excluding the dreadnought] . A GD has to kill your own model making the csm/zerker unit weaker and as there is a 50% chance it will come on turn 2 , the GD maybe out of charge range and it that happens you end up with a slow carnifax that cant shot .

At 1k pts espescially on a smaller board a GD would be freaking nasty for 100 pts

or I could just not take the GD , not take the asp champion [and take a 5man 2xplas pm squad] and buy for the same points a DP wth wings . the smaller the points played the bigger the chance that the asp champion will die before being in range or that his rhino will be blown up [what mens GD out of range again] . at 2500 one could argue that it is impossible to kill 5-8 asp champions in rhinos , but at 2.5k points the GD is plain weak and dies in one turn.

I really love your posts Jeske :P , so cynical, so fatalistic.

They always make me smile.

i'm sure you are just voicing what a lot of people think, you just do it so well.

very straight talking :P

my list-

2 vindicators,

10 chaos marines with 2 meltaguns, icon of chaos glory, aspiring champion with powerfist.

in rhino.

9 chaos marines-meltagun, icon of chaos glory, asp champ with bolter/melta and powerfist.

in rhino.

led by chaos lord with powersword, mark of tzeentch, bolt pistol and bolter/melta combi weapon.

What should i spend the last 100 points on?

I really love your posts Jeske :lol: , so cynical, so fatalistic.

They always make me smile.

i'm sure you are just voicing what a lot of people think, you just do it so well.

very straight talking ;)

Really? Because they always come off sounding arrogant and condescending to me.

On topic, Belisarius, I'd suggest a unit of seven lesser daemons. It gives you a third Troop for taking objectives, introduces a deep strike option to your otherwise all-mechanized army, and if used as a throw-away assault unit all they really need are the icons for accurate deep striking -- which you already have two of.

I'd tend to go with the Lesser Daemons for a 3rd option to hold objectives...

Or failing that a Dread with an additional DCCW and a Missile Launcher could offer a bit of ranged fire support.

Archived