Nurgle Rhino

Dr Duck

Following some strong advice on getting a Rhino for my Death Gaurd, I decided to have a go at salvaging an old razorback.

It was kicking about in my 'old stuff to be paint stripped' box with a dodgy attempt at a white paint scheme on it.

Its been modded with FW barbed wire and barrels from the battlefield accessories pack. I then added greenstuff which i pitted. Paint is layered catachan green and tin bitz layered with 2 washes of devlan mud. The whole lot was drybrushed with boltgun metal and rotting flesh. Finally both black soot and dark earth waethering powders were brushed in.

http://www.danielpettit.com/files/40K/nrhino01.jpg

http://www.danielpettit.com/files/40K/nrhino02.jpg

Nice rhino man. I like especially that you strapped the barrels together.Good work!

They were neccesary in order to cover the top turret plate of the old razorback kit. Stemmed from a discussion i had with my GF about ways to do nurgle tanks, she's always been very keen for me to have a go at the Plague-shadowsword that is showing in both the Apocalypse book and the citadel tanks guide.

Very nice, loving the rusted look on the 'old' Rhino, looks like they dug it up to use!

do agree with Bro jazzman that it could do with a little contrast, though. Maybe a different colour for the GS slimey(?) stuff, perhaps a :cuss green/white/yellow or something...

:P Edit: If that's come up as a :cuss thing for what I think it has, I'd like to clarify that I meant p u s s y as in 'filled with puss' rather than anything else! :lol:

Wow. Mine's too busy asking me to figure out how to get her Sororitas cleaner. Nurgle?!

I'm just all kinds of wonderful. ;-)

I still think he did this one wrong. The barrels should have been all shot up with slime pouring out. And the green stuff wasn't smoothed enough to make it look organic. What can I say? I have high standards! :D

The colour difference is a bit greater than shown here, the hull is a bit greener and the barrels more yellow.

I didn't want to do to much in terms of 'brightening' as the rest of my army uses quite a muted colour plaette too. I'm also quite new to the foregeworld powders and one side is a bit dark after i tried to recover it from a mistake using far to much 'rust' (the whole side went orange!)

Archived