Transporting IC's in Terminator question

Dhx711

My gaming group was having has been conversing back and forth over if it's legal for an IC in termie armor to join a squad in a drop pod. Here is what I found but nothing is very conclusive:

• A Termie squad (per the BA dex) can only take a LR variant as a dedicated transport.
  • Models in Termie armor can not embark on a Rhino or Razorback
  • Drop pods have a 10 man limit

So can an IC wearing termie armor join a squad numbering 8 or less in a drop pod?

Drop Pods have a 12 man limit, and yes, models in TDA can embark. You just can't buy them for Terminator Squads.

EDIT: Except BA pods are 10, and wolves can buy pods for TDA-equipped Squads.

Drop Pods have a 12 man limit, and yes, models in TDA can embark. You just can't buy them for Terminator Squads.

EDIT: Except BA pods are 10, and wolves can buy pods for TDA-equipped Squads.

Templar Terminators can also buy pods as transports, though like BA ours also only hold 10

THE DP has a min of 10 regular troops to take it, add an IC in termie and you fill it up

just an FYI in responce to the idea of a 8-man 1 IC squad in one

This is only true for tac marines (at least in C:SM), all other options that can take pods have no minimum troop counts so the 8+IC will work, of course C:SM has the 12 man pods so your probly talking about a different dex. Still it would be worth checkng each units entry just to be sure.

THE DP has a min of 10 regular troops to take it, add an IC in termie and you fill it up

just an FYI in responce to the idea of a 8-man 1 IC squad in one

This is only true for tac marines (at least in C:SM), all other options that can take pods have no minimum troop counts so the 8+IC will work, of course C:SM has the 12 man pods so your probly talking about a different dex. Still it would be worth checkng each units entry just to be sure.

good point. Our tact can still have 12 men in the pod, but need 10 to take it. Forgot about the other ways to get it, or other dex's

ICs are so tough they wander about the pod giving inspiring speeches whilst in flight!

And they jump right when the pod lands to prevent from breaking their legs. Thats what I5 gets ya.

Ah! The Tom and Jerry disembark technique.

ICs are so tough they wander about the pod giving inspiring speeches whilst in flight!

And they jump right when the pod lands to prevent from breaking their legs. Thats what I5 gets ya.

Ah! The Tom and Jerry disembark technique.

Tom and Jerry: Serving the Imperium since M29.

I realize this is irrelevant regarding the rules...but there are only ten harnesses in that thing anyway. :wacko:

I always pictured them strapping a saddle onto the drop pod and riding it as they descend from the heavens yelling insults to the enemies of the Imperium.

I realize this is irrelevant regarding the rules...but there are only ten harnesses in that thing anyway. :mellow:

I always pictured them strapping a saddle onto the drop pod and riding it as they descend from the heavens yelling insults to the enemies of the Imperium.

Chapter Master Slim Pickens?

Archived