Sniper Rifles:

Hopefully a quick and easy question, I think I know the answer, but I want to be sure :P Hopefully you wise folks can help!

Sniper Rifles have no S attribute, but are "poisoned" for 4+ to wound...

Sniper Rifles shooting against vehicles are stated to have a S3 rending when it comes to rolling for armour penetration...

Does this mean Sniper Rifle shots are S3 with regards to rerolls to wound? Or is that exclusively for melee poisons like 'nids toxin sacks?

-V

The 'poisoned weapons' rule in the 40k BRB is under "close combat weapons" and specifically notes that the effect of re-rolling failed "to wound" dice is in close combat only (p.42 BRB).

Otherwise, nice idea. Would make Sternguard even more horrid than they already are though.

snipers have no strength value vs non vehicles, they wound any infantry model(even monstrous creatures) on a 4+

also sniper rifles are not poisoned weapons, hellfire rounds from the scout's heavy bolter are though.

## - EDIT - ninjad by koremu :P

Thanks for the swift replies - had a funny feeling it would be somthing like that but dont have me rulebook handy, and Googlefu failed!

Why waste shots v gaunts anyway. Those Trygons and Hive Guard need some loving :P

-V

Edit:: Apologies for putting in the wrong forum, relatively new here and didn't think!

If your snipers gain a "Reroll to Wound" ability somehow (not sure how they could, but it's late and I'm not thinking straight) then they roll to wound the second time the same way they did the first time: they wound on 4+, and if they didn't the first time, on their reroll they can try again to wound on 4+.

What the S3 is relevant to is Armor Pen only...and since they rend you're only ever going to hurt a vehicle on a roll of 6 (S3 + 6 + d3 Rending is at least 10) on it's rear armor. And you can't glance AV13.

Hopefully a quick and easy question, I think I know the answer, but I want to be sure :HQ: Hopefully you wise folks can help!

Sniper Rifles have no S attribute, but are "poisoned" for 4+ to wound...

Sniper Rifles shooting against vehicles are stated to have a S3 rending when it comes to rolling for armour penetration...

Does this mean Sniper Rifle shots are S3 with regards to rerolls to wound? Or is that exclusively for melee poisons like 'nids toxin sacks?

-V

Ah, the problem is here that your mixing rules.

Sniper Weapons are not poisoned, theyre sniper-type. Dont smash the two together just because they seem similar.

Snipers always wound on a 4+, but make no mention of rerolls... so they dont have any rerolls by themselves.

Archived