Modelling Question

First off, I want to say that my army list isn't important. I'm not asking whether daemons are good or bad or whether there are other things I should be taking. This is purely a what-model-should-I-use question.

I'm taking a look at actually updating my Alpha Legion to the new codex, which I have so far neglected to do because of my contempt for what the latest Chaos Codex did to my army. Fond memories being what they are and seeing as how my modelling and painting skills have advanced to actually do my first 40K army some justice, well, I'm considering it.

I've also decided to take a squad or two of Lesser Daemons and a Greater Daemon in the army. Since this is not intended to be a tournament army I have no problem with going outside of GW to get ahold of some models, and since I'm a fluff fanatic, I've decided to use models other than the range available from GW. As a strictly Undivided army, I don't particularly want to use Big Four-specific daemon models, and there is only unit of Undivided daemons (Furies, who look kind of meh) and no Undivided greater daemons.

So going with the hydra theme of the Alpha Legion, I think I'm going to use a WFB Dark Elf Hydra as my Greater Daemon, either that or the Typhon model from the Hordes Legion of Everblight range. Makes a certain amount of sense, yes? For the Lessers, I want to stick with that draconic concept, so I'm thinking about picking up some Lizardmen and/or Skink models from the WFB range for them. I'm also looking at the Sobeki models from Wargods of Aegyptus (http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/list_items.asp?CatID=24&SubID=26&pageHeading=Items - Miniatures - Aegyptus) as possibles due to the link to crocodilia illustrated in the battle for Nurth in the HH novel Legion.

My question being this: good ideas? Bad ideas? Does anyone know any other hydra/dragon/croc models that might fit the bill?

I did some lesser daemons for my WB army. I used the blood letter models but i removed the bulbous growth thing on their heads.

I also didn't paint them in the usual Kornate colours and i think they turned out pretty well.

They just look like regular-un-marked daemons.

I've had trouble posting links before so if you want to take a look your best bet is checking my personal gallery.

I hope this helps and i hope you like them :cuss

The hydra or a carnosaur sounds like a good greater daemon. I would think some form of cultist would be good lesser daemons, maybe the FW renegade with close combat weapons if price is no concern.

Archived