Some Khorne Additions to my army

Okay, my eyes are slightly crossed right now so please excuse any typos in this post. I'm working on a couple Khorne units, one is a unit of Berserkers, the other is a unit of Bikers.

With the Berserkers, I'm continuing on an idea I had a few months back. Speccifically having a unit of Berserkers that use Chains in same manner. You can check out my original 2 models with this idea here.

In case you can not tell, this model was inspired by my recent viewing of Iron Man 2.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/khorne_chain_03-front_shot.jpg

This was one INVOLVED conversion. The only parts of this model that I didn't convert or change are the torso and the head. Oh and the shoulder pads. Every thing else I changed. I literally took the arms and legs apart down to the basic segments so I could reposition them to get the marine walking and swinging the chains. It was a new experience going to such length on a single fud-fud model like this. But I speccifically wanted the model to be walking, not running, not standing, not preparing to fire. Well, there aren't any chaos marine legs like that, that I have. so I had to convert. Broke the legs down, and then rebuilt them. I had to do the same thing with the arms in order to position them in such a way to carry the intention of the model.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/khorne_chain_03-back_shot.jpg

You can see how the chains are attached to the back pack from this shot. Once again, this is based on Whiplash form Iron Man 2.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/khorne_chain_03-back_shot-3_view.jpg

This shot gives you a better view of the modifications I made to the back pack itself. I had the extra vents from another conversion and I though "Hey, why not? More power for the chain weapons = more exhaust to vent right?" So there you have it.

The unit of Khorne Bikers I'm making aren't actually bikers, I mean they're going to count as bikers, but the models are going to be beserkers riding Juggernauts. I'm calling 'em my 'Blood Riders'. You can see the first member of my Blood Riders here. I'm doing them one at a time for a couple of reasons. First is availability of materials. Thus far I've traded for 4 of the planned 11 Juggernauts and I don't have the money to go buy 7 more Juggernaut models. The other main reason for doing these one at a time is to allow me to 'learn' the model. It's no secret that Juggernauts are temperamental beasts and the models themselves are just as temperamental. They're not easily made to accept a rider the size of a space marine. I'm gradually figuring out how to make it work. The last major reason I'm doing these one at a time is so that I can build up to converting the Aspiring Champion and my Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. I don't want to make the Aspiring champion and Lord first, just to have the basic Riders look better, ya know what I mean?

Anyway, enough jabbering from me. You want to see the images of the newest Blood Rider. Well here it is:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/02-01.jpg It's hard to see from this angel, but that's a chain axe in the rider back hand. I figure he's riding up preparing to land a deadly attack as he charges by his intended target.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/02-02.jpg

This shot shows some of the work I did with chains on this model.

So thoughts? Comments? Criticisms? Critiques? Feedback? Suggestions? Questions?

cool conversions, I'm not a big fan of the extra vents, but it looks alright. I do want to know where you got the chains from, mind sending me the link, if any...

no link. I just went to Target and hit the jewelry section. Found a pair of dangly earings that were literally nothing but 2 dozen chains tied together with a rubber band. The pair was like $2 and I bought 4.

cool conversions, I'm not a big fan of the extra vents, but it looks alright. I do want to know where you got the chains from, mind sending me the link, if any...

no link. I just went to Target and hit the jewelry section. Found a pair of dangly earings that were literally nothing but 2 dozen chains tied together with a rubber band. The pair was like $2 and I bought 4.

You can find jeweler chain by the foot at any store the sells decent supplies for bead necklaces. They are also good places to find supplies like files, needle files, clamps, wire cutters, razor saws...

I liked the originals, they definitely have style. I am not sure about the posing on this chain gang member though...he looks like Typhus got to him and turned him into a plague zombie...just trudging along, rather than charging hell-bent looking for the next fight.

*Edit Adding more constructive comment as well*

Primarily I think it is the way the arms are posed that adds to the zombie look. If you want more of a Whiplash look, maybe adjust them so that they are out away from the body more.

Archived