Defensive Weapon

Jakobus

Are you talking about Hunter-Killer missiles? These aren't standard missile launchers and only fire krak missiles. The only other missile launcher you could be talking about that is on the tank itself would be a Whirlwind multiple missile launcher, or an Exorcist, which both have their own rules.

If you are talking about a missile launcher carried by a passenger, then yes, you can fire frag or krak. Any weapon carried by passengers retains all it's normal abilities if fired from a transport.

Are you talking about Hunter-Killer missiles? These aren't standard missile launchers and only fire krak missiles. The only other missile launcher you could be talking about that is on the tank itself would be a Whirlwind multiple missile launcher, or an Exorcist, which both have their own rules.

If you are talking about a missile launcher carried by a passenger, then yes, you can fire frag or krak. Any weapon carried by passengers retains all it's normal abilities if fired from a transport.

Actually I was looking at the Typhoon Missile Launchers on the Storm Raven

Actually I was looking at the Typhoon Missile Launchers on the Storm Raven

Aaaaah! My bad. I totally had not considered that as an option. Sorry. There's the Land Speeder Typhoon too I now realise.

This one is actually a big "NO."

Passenger-carried weapons are nevr classified as defensive. They retain any and all weapon rules they have. So, if you move, that missile launcher carried by the Marine inside is still Heavy 1, and cannot be fired. You may only fire that infantry missile launcher if the vehicle did not move, and is not shaken or stunned.

This one is actually a big "NO."

Passenger-carried weapons are nevr classified as defensive. They retain any and all weapon rules they have. So, if you move, that missile launcher carried by the Marine inside is still Heavy 1, and cannot be fired. You may only fire that infantry missile launcher if the vehicle did not move, and is not shaken or stunned.

unless the model with the missile launcher is relentless. Either way the strength of weapons caried by passengers is inconsiquential and do not count toward the vehicles limits of weapons fired.

I can't think of any Space Marine vehicles that have a missile launcher which can fire a frag missile...other than a Dreadnought which need not worry about the defensive weapons rule. Is there some IG tank or Chaos SM tank that does have such a launcher?

It would be helpful if the OP could post what army/vehicle prompted this question. =)

LS Typhoons and Stormraven Gunships can both equip Typhoon Missile Launchers, thade. Both have identical profiles to the Cyclone Missile Launchers off of Termies now.

Well, except for Dark Angels and (I think) Templars. They still have the TL- S5 AP5 Blast shot.

LS Typhoons and Stormraven Gunships can both equip Typhoon Missile Launchers, thade. Both have identical profiles to the Cyclone Missile Launchers off of Termies now.

Well, except for Dark Angels and (I think) Templars. They still have the TL- S5 AP5 Blast shot.

Of course!! (derp) I completely forgot about those things. It's funny; I even built one to try it in the last game I played. Didn't blow me away, but didn't die either.

So a Typhoon with a second weapon on it could move 12" and fire all of it's guns. Very interesting.

So a Typhoon with a second weapon on it could move 12" and fire all of it's guns. Very interesting.

Typically done with a heavy bolter against infantry. Two frag blasts and 3 heavy bolter shots can do some nice damage to Orks and IG.

Yeah I was looking at the cost benefit of equipping the Typhoon missile launchers to either a Stormraven or a LandSpeeder.

Especially with a Stormraven that has both the Hurricane Bolter Sponsons and a Typhoon missile launcher on a Fast vehicle that has PotMS.

Archived