Wolf Priest and Chaplain Questions

Hi folks, got another pair of questions inspired by my slightly insane rules-lawyer friend (though one of them is me being a jerk :lol: ).

#1: If a Chaplain charges with a squad and somehow dies before his unit gets a chance to swing (i.e. leading a unit of Hammernators), does the rest of his squad lose the rerolls to hit? Or does the fact that because it is still "on the turn he and his unit charged" they still retain the attacks?

#2: Same question in regards to a Wolf Priest's ability to grant his unit Preferred Enemy.

Sorry if the questions are a bit bone-headed, and thanks in advance.

*mutters something about having known the rules pretty well before introducing a rules-lawyer to the game* ;)

#1 SM Codex pg. "On a player turn in which he assaults......" I would say he grants the re-roll for the turn as long as he assaulted.

For example say the unit charges through dangerous terrain and the Chaplin dies. I would allow the re-rolls for the turn.

#2 Preferred Enemy does not have the same wording so it would go away after the Int. step the Wolf Priest died (or in my example the unit would not get it).

Yeah, you see, that was my pair of conclusions as well.

My friend, on the other hand, wants to see an actual quote defining the difference between my BA Chaplain and his Wolf Priest when they beat each other down simultaneously in our last game <_< .

Seems to think I"m taking advantage or something :cuss .

The rerolls to hit for our holy chaplains is caused by the venerable litanies he expounds in battle. I don't know what those flea bags do to get preferred enemy. Lol! :lol:

The rerolls to hit for our holy chaplains is caused by the venerable litanies he expounds in battle. I don't know what those flea bags do to get preferred enemy. Lol! :unsure:

*whacks blood-claw arnil upside the head*

Not like that *Swings his Crozius Lupine* LIKE THIS!

Thats where those 2 attacks and 1 initiative went.

Archived