New Hand Sculpted Chaper Omega Bats!

Well today I decided on a "chapter" name:

The Omega Bats.

Motto: "Feel The Wrath of the Super Rad!"

Color scheme: Still in development but I'm thinking something like this

sm.php?b62c=@hXlWj_iakk7.iaj0o@@@@@@@hG4Ss@_@@._@@@@@@@@@@@.hXbsb.hXbsb@@@@@@@@@@__@@@@@@@@@@@@@_hXbsb&grid=TRUE

or Maybe

sm.php?b62c=@hXlWj_i6Djn.iakk7@@@@___hG4Ss@.@@iaj0o.@@@@@@@@@@@hXbsb_hXbsb_@@@@@@@@@@..@@@___@@@@@@@.hUI3n&grid=TRUE

I like the off-white green armor, it's just those other colors I'm indifferent about. Suggestions?

Still developing a background for them, I'm thinking that they will be from the ghoul stars, or at least "created" in the ghoul stars.

You would probably want a darker offsetting color for that light shade of green. I recommend a dark or navy blue to compliment the light green.

I am not too keen (for me; Marines = Walking Tanks), but I know that your models tend to be cartoony/stylistic, so if this is what you want in a army, then all the more power to you. When it comes to female marines, not everyone has to have an army of TRUE SCALE PRE HERESY FEMALE SPACE MARINE lookalikes. Unless your Doc Thunder.

btw; noone in this thread use the word 'nay-sayer'. It gives me a headache for some reason.

Well here are the WIP versions of the first two armor variants. The first being the one I drew.

And the second being another one I designed afterward, I will also have a third variant and an assault

and heavy weapons variant. The assault one would have addittude adjusters and extra retro thrusters.

and the heavy weapons variant would have different extra braces and mounting sockets for stability.

The Omega Bats are a "jungle" fighters sort of army, so I'll be replacing missile launchers with large bore

anti-material rifles and have lots of flamers.

MkII "Lionne" Armor

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3043/img0821d.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/446/img0820f.jpg

MkIII "Javeline" Armor

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2589/img0817w.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7226/img0819mn.jpg

The slimmer MKIII is nice and the chest and arms will make up more the bulk of both the suits.

C&C welcome....well as long as it's not something that's already been stated a hundred times. :tu:

Still too thin. They're supposed to be heavily muscled career warriors wearing inch-thick ceramite plates over bundles of strength enhancing psuedo-musculature and invasive cabling, not size 0 catwalk models wearing something sheer in Milan. But what the hell, this is set in the future so feel free to throw basic common sense out the window in favour of T&A.

... Oh, I'm sorry, that's been said before. In that case, everything's perfect! Carry on as you were. :rolleyes:

Still too thin. They're supposed to be heavily muscled career warriors wearing inch-thick ceramite plates over bundles of strength enhancing psuedo-musculature and invasive cabling, not size 0 catwalk models wearing something sheer in Milan. But what the hell, this is set in the future so feel free to throw basic common sense out the window in favour of T&A.

... Oh, I'm sorry, that's been said before. In that case, everything's perfect! Carry on as you were. ;)

except that they are just as armored as marines, have power chords and supports to thier armor, and you probably didn't even look you just decided you'd TRY to be funny by making a biased opinion.

Thanks for the support!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone is ready for justice!

First of all let me announce that I have decided to "produce" an entire chapters worth of Omega Bats.

Yes that might be um...problematic, but I have confidence in the fact that I don't need to have more than 1 40k army.

And, I really don't think I'll get bored with the variety offered by having a whole chapter worth of stuff.

So I've been working through my bitz box for stuff to "reconstitute" for the Omega Bats armory. (pics later)

I've Decided on the Chapter Name:

OMEGA BATS

Homeworld: Chiroptera (Justice Rock)

Brief History: (and by brief I mean kind of long) ;)

Little is known about the Space Marine Chapter known as the Omega Bats. Some knowledge data bases list them as a group of well financed renegades operating in the western fringe of the Galaxy. Other Lexicanium sources have brief entries of a loyalist chapter with a home star system deep in the Scarus Sector. First hand accounts are scattered to footnotes on battlefield data, of miraculous interventions on remote battlefields from Avignor and as far to the galactic center as Methalor. But these bits of information say little of how their legion came to be, or where and why they exist.

Inside the vaulted archways of the Omega Bats' Fortress Monastery of Chiroptera lies the Omniannalgous databank, a giant black tetrahedron which holds an enormous wealth of data from the history of the Imperium, only here is the

true nature of the Omega Bats Chapter held.

It began on Thracian Primarous, an opulent planetary governor worried that neighboring worlds would attempt to assail his planet to plunder it's amazing natural resources. To prevent this event he commissioned a royal army of super soldiers to be raised in the vats and labs of the Mechanicus Biogenseers. This project was funded by the planets exorbitant wealth and willingness of the governor to turn a blind eye to some more serious affronts to Imperial Statutes on genetic manipulations, Xenos Bio-arms Harmonography and Weapons Trafficking.

It took almost 100 years for the first stable patients to emerge from their birthing cylinders but the end product was well worth the wait. The Mechanicus Biogenseers had began with genetic mapping of Afriel Strain Soldiers and techniques salvaged from The Gland Wars. The fledgling embryos were combination of the genetic material from the Imperium's greatest heroes and special genetic mutations allowing enhanced physical and psychological control and endurance.

The "new borne" children were grown in Hypergenetic Birthing Vats, grown at alarming rates. While still growing Mechanicus Biogenseers implanted biomechanical grafts and support systems, most notably The Artie Somniatic Nerve Bundle. Once fully grown the "new bornes" were almost perfect killing machines and soldiers with peerless physical and mental abilities in combat. The Governor himself selected the males amongst them (500 soldiers) to be his Royal Guards, the females were given back to the Adeptus Mechanicus to do with as the wilt. The Bioengineers of the Mechanicus put the "un-fit" soldiers into bio-neural-cryo stasis.

Meanwhile, Grand Inquisitor Xaendellia De Fel Crossbow had recently uncover quite a startling discovery in her search for an Adeptus Sororitas force suitable for her Crusade Against Supernumerary Ultramarines. She stumbled across the remains of a deserted Space Marine Fortress on the similarly deserted Urban ghost world of Justice Rock. The monastery looked as if it pre-dated the heresy but somehow the sealed environment of the system has left and much of the planet untouched for eons. She had come across the ultimate resource for creating her own private military force and as a Master Inquisitor the power to commandeer the materials necessary to bring the planet back to life.

After Remaining in stasis for over 50 years, the neglected female soldiers were brought out of storage to be presented to a potential owner, an Inquisitor had the clout to make such a demand of the Mechanicus but De Fel Crossbow also wanted the Adeptus Cult to relocate to Justice Rock and become a full support network for her fledgling chapter. Although at first reluctant, threats of an "exterminatus on Their whole damn family tree.." (-De Fel Crossbow) the mechanicus had no choice. Over the course of several decades the Mechanicus Adepts worked non stop to fit the ancient planet with working facilities and to reconfigure the powered suits for use by the bio-engineered soldiers. Master Inquisitor De Fel Crossbow scoured surrounding systems for materials both known and unknown, both legal and highly heretical. Nothing would stop her crusade.

The Adepts used the ancient facilities and the materials provided to re-engineer the powered armor left by the original marines on Justice Rock to both fit their super soldiers somewhat smaller (and female) frames as well as to achieve complete integration of the power suits created Artificial Intelligence Interface with the nascent second brain in the The Artie Somniatic Nerve Bundle implanted in every super soldier. In essence each suit is a powered by on-board conventional power nodes, artificial muscles ect. But, is also possessed of it's own nascent intelligence, responsible for management of on-board systems. The The Artie Somniatic Nerve Bundle allows the "marines'' to sync directly with the intelligence of the suit, although prototype systems presented abnormal feedback errors resulting in emotional somatic hemorrhaging in the wearers. Those flaws have been "mostly" ironed out in the final versions the Omega Bats wear today.

As the years rolled on the bio-soldiers continued rigorous training on the planet's surface while the Machine Cult hurried to complete the Inquisitor's demands. Finally the day had come, each of the remaining 350 soldiers donned their custom augmented power suits and where dedicated by the Grand Inquisitor herself into the Chapter of the Omega Bats, their planet was even renamed from Justice Rock to Chiroptera, and thus their chapter was borne. They would have thus began their quest to bring the Sons of Ultramar back to the limits of the Codex Astartes but Grand Inquisitor De Fel Crossbow was called away to investigate a warp space leak resulting in an unidentified Space Marine Strike Cruiser to emerge from another plane of space and whose occupants were claiming to be Space Wolves from another dimension.

So they set about the galaxy on their own accord sending potential recruits from planets they Chiroptera to be judged and accumulated into the chapter. The Omega Bats are known for their furious resolve in close quarters, and their well practiced tactics in tight and otherwise murderous terrain. They are almost unbeatable in urban settings and can overwhelm dug in adversaries with decisive assaults and well orchestrated guerrilla tactics. This approach favors weapons which punish closed formations in chocked city streets and make mockery of cover such as flamers, heavy flamers, autocannons, fragmentation cannons, heavy bolters, and Castellan Whirlwinds. They keep an abundance of scout bikers to help harass enemy supplies lines, and bring down power armored units into places the enemy doesn't expect them to be.

And Now onto the minis so far.

I am working on five tactical girl poses to be cast up to use. So There's the first 3/5.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/DSC01939.jpg?t=1276829637

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/DSC01940.jpg?t=1276829637

I'm still debating whether chest eagles need to happen or not, as far as helmets go, i'm thinking some sweet pre-heresy ones complete with blitz helms and gas masks! :D I've already found a bunch of 2nd gen bolters to use, but I haven't started the arms yet.

So here's a couple of little conversions I did that I think you might like, because you could do them yourself:

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/DSC01934.jpg?t=1276829637

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/DSC01932.jpg?t=1276829637

Well thats all for today, more tomorrow maybe! :D

C+C welcome! ;)

On a sidenote you mention the nipple armor and chiseled abs of the Sanguinary Guard. Realize that is the Greek/Roman body armor style influence and since that is the inspiration behind the Blood Angels it is not out of place.

Now I'm not here to be a naysayer so I will refrain from any kind of commentation save this one - I like that dreadnought. The Immolator looks pretty sweet too. What kit are the heavy flamers from?

On a sidenote you mention the nipple armor and chiseled abs of the Sanguinary Guard. Realize that is the Greek/Roman body armor style influence and since that is the inspiration behind the Blood Angels it is not out of place.

Now I'm not here to be a naysayer so I will refrain from any kind of commentation save this one - I like that dreadnought. The Immolator looks pretty sweet too. What kit are the heavy flamers from?

The dreadnought Twin Linked Heavy Flamer is made from the armor plate from a land raider lascannon, cut in half.

A few pieces of plasticard to make a rough box. 2 Heavy Flamers from the Immolator turret, and the old gas can from the chimera sprue. I then just filled the gaps with GS.

The Immolator turned razorback, is just the immolator with most of the fluers scrapped off (though I still see a few) I cut two shapes of platicard to make a gun shield for the gunner. Then I cut the tubes off a landraider lascannon and then used green stuff to sculpt mech bitz where the plasma guns would attach. the seat I cut the top fluer off, and just sculpted a new top, and covered the relief of the saint lady on the back of the chair with a strip of plasticard.

Although it may be a while, I will be selling the bodies of the girl marines (resin copies of them) once I have my army rolling.

I think these are awesome! Looks like you really tried to flesh out the fluff, and the sculpts themselves are top notch. kudos for your scribblin' skills too. What putty do you use?

At the risk of re igniting the hate heading towards this noble project, get a life everyone. This is a war game. These are little putty models and some lines on paper. No one is going to die cos one guy decided to go a little against the norm and have some fun.

I really like the concept, I even like the boobies... but I think I'd get rid of the 80's style leotard thing that you've got going on. Real women don't wear things like that... Plus she might get shot in the groin! Where's the protection!

That's some fine sculpting work. There's nothing I love more than to see a good custom sculpt. Now I want to make some girl marines. The concept art is lovely, I like the anime influence. Got any shots of the heads? Will you be sculpting those yourself, or purchasing them? This is some really lovely work, and you should be proud of it regardless of what others might say or think.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/head1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/head2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/SOBS/hawk2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/SOBS/hair1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/SOBS/eye1.jpg

I Think these are most of them. I made them for my SOBs a while ago. But since my sobs never got cast.

I need to give them purpose. I will also be doing a few more, probably with eyepatches.

Each of the bodies will also have a helmeted head already attached to it. It's hard to explain why this is slightly easier than having all the heads unattached, but it is.

Also, for those interested in Girl Marines, I will be selling my Space Wolf Girlminators on ebay in a week or so.

So if you've ever wanted your own girl space woofs army or wanted to destroy the one i made, here's your chance! B)

Archived