Sorcerer load-out

jesus thats more then a DP :lol:

wings and if I could I wouldnt give them any psychic power , but as this is not an options . then the cheapest one you can find. it will work half the time against any imperial army anyway and the sorc will be in trouble against nids and eldar, so it doesnt realy matter which one you pick

I've always liked Wings + Doombolt.

Makes full use out of your BS5 and one volley is enough to make your points back for the upgrade if you target Marines, plus the extra range gives you more of a chance to be out of the 24" bubble for a Hood.

Sorcerer-Doombolt. 110pts. The best part about this guy... the 110pts.

He is the cheapest chaos HQ that is actually effective, the most bang for your points. You 'could' take a lord w/ PW at 105pts, but I would rather have the force weapon and doombolt... its only 5pts.

He has the same amount of attacks at the same strength as that 185pt sorcerer, he doesn't need wings, he'll hitch a ride in a rhino(hes a poor hitch hiker). Sure he can't drop a re-rolling flamer template on enemies or re-roll attacks in close combat... but he is 75pts cheaper... thats an obliterator which DOES have a re-rolling flamer template, and a re-rolling plasmagun, and a re-rolling meltagun, and even a plasma cannon ;) !

I like cheap, I like efficient, I like being able to spend my points in other places. Plus with this guy who cares if your enemy uses anti-psychic gear. If that happens he just reverts to a lord with -1WS, your only out 5pts :lol: .

I like cheap, I like efficient, I like being able to spend my points in other places. Plus with this guy who cares if your enemy uses anti-psychic gear. If that happens he just reverts to a lord with -1WS, your only out 5pts B) .

Great way to look at it.

If that happens he just reverts to a lord with -1WS,

your forgetting to add , that is a lord with a power weapon. And there are many things one could say about a power weapon armed lord , but playable he is not.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I understand where your coming from the jeske but as i understand it, your an ultra competative tournament player whom doesnt deal with friendly lists. I'm not a tourny player, i play just for fun but i do like being ultra fluffy!!

IronWinds, i like your idea of the cheap sorcerer alot! Have you actually tried it before, and if so have you been successful with it?

I gotta agree that cheap is best. But I don't leave home without warptime. It can be used at range, in combat in both players turns. I had an Aspiring Sorceror kill Shrike. It gives a Sorceror a much needed edge when things get up close a personal. And don't forget you get to use 2 powers a turn with MoT..... So doombolt and warptime or force weapon and warptime. The pros far outweigh the cons.

And don't forget you get to use 2 powers a turn with MoT.....

How about adding a familiar for 3 powers a turn :P I've never seen a sorc with a familiar, are they not worth it then? I thought the extra psychic power would be a god send (no pun intended) :yes:

You can use 2 powers a turn, yes, but only monstrous creatures can fire two shooting weapons a turn. So be careful! =)

A sorceror with two shooting powers is not useful.

Now, the familiar only makes us choose an extra power, not use an extra power per turn. So again, be careful.

Correct Jeske, a PW armed lord is not playable. Which is why I love the doombolt sorcerer if you want a cheap HQ.

How does a sorcerer with just doombolt do? Well I only use that in small games. In bigger games I run my cyborg spyder prince http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=199576 [first set of pictures]. Depending on what mark I decide to play with that day he is anywhere from 160-175. Always run him with wings(he actually has jump jets under his body), warptime, and MoS/MoT/or MoN depending on my mood.

Now in low point games <1000pts the doombolt sorcerer does well. Most enemies aren't running big bad characters with eternal warrior in 1000pts and if they are they have a small army. So he can instakill most enemy HQs, doombolt is great for softening up marine squads before the charge, and against other enemies he is alright. He is not a hth monster, but his primary role is teaming up with a squad of CSMs and basically acting as an uber champion for that unit helping them out in assault.

I've only ever toyed around with a jump pack, warptime, wind of change sorcerer. He's pricy as hell but fun to play with.

In an actual serious game though, I don't think I can see myself using a Sorcerer. I may try out that Doombolt Sorcerer though along with his 75pt more cousin.

Archived