Daemon Dreadnought

Clone

I am thinking of making a few conversions and am wondering on the fluff side of things. Would it ever be possible for a Dreadnought to be elevated to be a Daemon Prince?

i wanna say yes and i wanna say no

the oblit cult seems to say yes. they're basically a demonic fusion of human, metal and demon, from what i understand.

but then i wanna say no, because i think it'd be far more likely for a dread to be POSSESSED by a demon. it'd still be a dreadnought, but it may be faster, tougher, have some mutations and possibly some strong psychic shooting attacks in addition to its normal load out.

i think that seems more likely and is still in line with your idea.

well demon possessed dreadnoughts did exist in the 3.5 dex. would it have been possible for a dread to be possessed by a demon prince ? probably . would it be possible that a DP is so mechanical that he looks like a dreadnought , probably yes again.

I am thinking of making a few conversions and am wondering on the fluff side of things. Would it ever be possible for a Dreadnought to be elevated to be a Daemon Prince?
It is certainly possible for a Daemon Prince to possess a Dreadnought, that happens in Iron Warrior.

M'Kar the Reborn (who I think is being set up to be a special character in the next Chaos 'dex), is a fusion of dreadnought and daemon prince. Whether he possesses (what a deliciously sibilant word) a dreadnought, or whether his ascension occured when he was actually entombed is another matter.

M'Kar the Reborn (who I think is being set up to be a special character in the next Chaos 'dex), is a fusion of dreadnought and daemon prince. Whether he possesses (what a deliciously sibilant word) a dreadnought, or whether his ascension occured when he was actually entombed is another matter.
As I mentioned earlier, though not by his name, that happened in Iron Warrior.

As I mentioned earlier, though not by his name, that happened in Iron Warrior.

Right, sorry, I thought you were referring to Storm of Iron.

i have a daemon pronce which is a possessed dreadnaught in my iron warriors army.

gallery_38604_4022_612626.jpg

so i say yes :tu:

Dude that is awesome!

I initially thought that until I read The Chapter's Due :P

I initially thought that until I read The Chapter's Due ;)

Hit me with the spoiler (I have no intention of reading it).

I always thought that Demons would work best in Dreadnoughts as opposed to the half crazed dreadnoughts we have now. I would like to see some sort of special character or dreadnought sorcerers or a khorne dreadnought with fleet or something cool

I always thought that Demons would work best in Dreadnoughts as opposed to the half crazed dreadnoughts we have now. I would like to see some sort of special character or dreadnought sorcerers or a khorne dreadnought with fleet or something cool

demon possessed dread would just be MORE crazed

think about it

you're immortal,have the power to level worlds, can travel between all the dimensions, sit at the foot of legit gods.....then suddenly you're trapped insight this boring metal construct that can't move as fast as you, that can't move between dimensions, that can't be drastically mutated, and that can be killed relatively easy.

dunno about you, but i'd be mighty pissed.

In my minds eye it would just be a Demon in a dreadnought...think more mobile like a defiler...something in between a Defiler and dreadnought, perhaps like one of walker things the Eldar have I forget thee name. A dreadnought with S, T, and Wounds.

Archived