Scout's n' Vehicles

captain sox

Hello folks!

Just want to get some insight into what vehicles to use with a scout force. I'm torn because I want to keep to the fluff of scouts, however I really need to know what you use (and why) when running an all scout force.

I'll admit, I wouldn't use a Land Raider, as I feel it would make some sense to drive around your HQ, I just don't think it's fluffy. I really like Whirlwinds, as I can imagine the scouts infiltrating and communicating co-ordinates to the WW crews. Plus the templates would help with hordes and other targets.

I don't think Predators and Vindicators wouldn't work eiteher... seems to powerful to run with a stealth squad.

If running with a Command Squad, would you take a Razorback? Would you equip it with a heaver weaopn than a Heavy Bolter?

I'm really torn between whether using vehicles in a scout force is cheesy or not.

I want to have a compettitive list, and while Terminators are great, I don't want to go that route.

The great GC08 has given me great advice. I'm just wondering what all the rest of you run with!

Thanks!

I'm really torn between whether using vehicles in a scout force is cheesy or not.

You're already handicapping yourself by relying more or less exclusively on scouts. If anyone calls "cheese" on you doing anything short of using loaded dice with an army like this, hit 'em.

Thanks for the quick replies...

I just looked through the Codex and it says all but the 10th company run Rhino's for thier troops and officers, which I understand.

However, would a 10th company Master has access to the entire arsenal of the chapter?

The master could take whatever he wanted.

I'd use a lot of land speeders. They seem to really fit the bill in terms of being light, maneuverable, and (relatively) stealthy. Storms work great for transport, and either some MMs or Typhoons would help with your lack of anti-tank.

Your justification for Whirlwinds seems perfectly valid to me. If you want 'em, I'd say take 'em.

Archived