DP- Doombolt

Iago

I have recently been running my DP with wings + doombolt. Cheap and yet effective. I find that this often overlooked power is of great value, especially in the high MeQ environment that I play in. It also allows me to benefit from the DP's excellent Ballistic Skill and at 18" range it keeps the DP out of trouble until he needs to be.

So, what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Personally I prefer him to get stuck in so it's Warp Time or WoC (scare factor) for me. I do however see the merit of Doombolt as that is what I'm using on my Sorceror. He has yet to let me down, in terms of making his points back.

I go with warptime as standard, lets you jus kill anything in close combat, which is what keeps a prince safe from harm (generally), and also helps to hit vs vehicles that have moved :D

though, doombolt could have its uses aye :D

I generally want my prince running if he's not in charge range, so I go with Warptime or Winds of Chaos (or both since I play Tzeentch)

I would rather run a naked one with mon or mok then one with doombolt .

I think in the end, I gotta agree with Jeske.

The logic of Doombolt benefiting from the BS5 makes alot of sense, but in if I was outside assaulting range, I believe that I'd rather be running to get into a better position. Plus you always run the risk of killing 1 too many models and not being in charge range.

In the end, the strength of the DP is in close combat and its durability so enhancing those makes more sense.

But as I mentioned in the Sorcerer thread, DB is great on a cheap Sorcerer.

Well, I was going for the all rounder approach with the DP. MoK is the next in line for the same point value. And at a small game limit 750 pts I find the versatility to be a great asset. In larger games I would run him with MoN for the extra toughness.

Archived