Mephiston conversion, stand-in.

I really don't like the original model as it is so static, and it does look like he is wearing a dress.

My idea was to give him a staff/glaive and one hand stretched to look like he is using his abilities. So this is what I have so far...

gallery_31993_4965_95530.jpg

gallery_31993_4965_176645.jpg

gallery_31993_4965_160108.jpg

This is my first time using green-stuff for anything apart from filling gaps.

Im also thinking of giving him wings, as one of his powers is "wings of Sanguinius" and the rest of my army is sanguinary guard so I want him so fit in, does anyone have any suggestions on what wings to use, they don't have to be GW.

Also does anyone have a good idea on what head to use and where to put his plasma pistol?

C+C very welcome.

This is looking great so far, the green stuff on the glaive looks fantastic- I would never have guessed this is your first time sculpting, kudos. As far as the plasma pistol is concerned, why not try to give him one of the wrist mounted ones from the sanguinary guard kit? That way he can still use his hand to focus his powers, but also still be wysiwyg; or you can add a holster with plasma pistol to his waist line.

As far as wings, it could be cool to see him with big wings like those from the sanguinor or astorath; maybe even paint the wings a deep red with sharp highlights, to almost make them seem ethereal and translucent (as they are in fact psychic wings!).

And perhaps a head from any of the blood angels sets, with some gs'd long locks? Could be harder than it seems though; there might be some great heads with long hair from the warhammer fantasy range, maybe check some of the empire or brettonian sets online.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks, Im pleased how the glaive turned out. I think I will either use a holster or put it at the end of the staff, but i don't know if this will make it look too busy. I've had a look around and the pegasus wings seem to be a good size but I cant tell, has anyone used them on a marine?

As for the head I was thinking maybe a chaos warrior head ( from warhammer fantasy) with the horns cut off, and possibly with wings glued on either side.

What do you guys think?

Liking the look of this mini so far, as I agree that the old Mephiston is really showing it's age now. No sure if you found them or not but here's the long haired head's in the Bretonnian Knight's kits:link,linky.

As for wings, you've got the pegasus knight's from the same range as the knight's heads, they're the only plastic one's that I know of apart from the one's from the Sanguinary Guard sets.

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing where this project goes :Troops:

James

Right ok a little bit of progress, I haven't got the wings yet as im waiting for them to be instock somewhere, when i get them ill be getting some other bits for it as well.

gallery_31993_4965_91633.jpg

My idea here is to use the wings that come in the death company box on the helmet (one of the many bits i need to order). You can also see ive added a book, and a holster for his plasma pistol (you have no idea how annoying it is to reverse the grip on these things) and a shoulder pad with 3 blood drops.

gallery_31993_4965_162018.jpg

This the start of his skull shoulder pad, (the one thing i liked about the original model), any advise to sculpting motifs like this would be helpful.

So what do you think should i keep the helmet or use a bare head?

Thanks for all the comments guys, does anyone think I should do something with the left leg, its just looking bit bare compared to the rest of him?

Keep the Helmet, mate. It looks brilliant! Wings, I'm not sure about.

This is a mock up using the top of the sanguinary guard standard

gallery_31993_4965_178278.jpg

I like him, i would not mind getting a full list of parts used so i can make my own.

So far ive used:

-torso of sanguinary guard,

-cape from commander box,

-legs from death company box,

-book from flagellant box,

-pistol from some metal model (that i reversed the grip on)

-an out stretched arm that was holding a pistol (any will do)

-a open hand from the sanguinary guard box,

-a shoulder pad from the sanguinary guard box,

-space marine standard arm,

-blade from a glaive in the sanguinary guard box,

-head from chaos warriors (fantasy) with horns trimmed off,

-some green stuff.

I plan to use:

-pegasus wings,

-helm wings from the death company box,

-possibly a shaved down chaos terminator shoulder pad (if my sculpted one doesn't turn out well)

-a stripped down dark angels back pack.

WHy do I think of Magneto?

Oh dear I can only see magneto when i look at it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived