Chaos Lord on Juggernaut

Okay, so I'm planning on running a Bike squad with mark of khorne and have my lord on Juggernaut join the unit. Well I just noticed something. the Codex doesn't say that taking the Juggernaut makes the unit a cavalry model. it simple says, and I quote:

"The Daemonic Steed confers to the rider +1 attack and +1 Strength. The model cannot be carried in transports, exactly as if it was a Cavalry model."

The mount of Slaanesh specifically says "changed the unit type of the model from infantry to cavalry" while the Disc of Tzeentch says "changes the unit type of the model from infantry to jump infantry."

So, does taking a Juggy change him to Cavalry? I tried looking on GW.com for a CSM errata or FAQ but came up empty.

Yep, no fleet, no extra charge range.

Putting him in a bike squad would be bad anyways- you always move at the slowest speed of the unit...

So, 6" move, no running, 6" assault would be the result.

vlarg...

so now I have to choose between +1 Attack and +1 strength but only a 6" move

or a +1 toughness and a 12" move. hmm... same price either way. well I could always put him on the jugg model and just count it as a bike.

well I could always put him on the jugg model and just count it as a bike.
I wouldn't do that, unless you don't play in tournaments/shop events.

Alternatively you could opt for the only efficient HQ we've got. the Prince.

well I could always put him on the jugg model and just count it as a bike.
I wouldn't do that, unless you don't play in tournaments/shop events.

Alternatively you could opt for the only efficient HQ we've got. the Prince.

I don't touch tournaments. I donno how they are in your area but around here they're more akin to being dropped into a tank filled with piranha. I played in a couple years ago, damned rule Nazi's ruin the effort. They want you to measure down to the MM, if you don't have grenades on your troops then you don't have don't have grenades cause it's not WYSIWYG... yeah it was no fun. So tournaments aren't a problem for me.

How do you figure the Prince is the only efficient HQ for CSM?

A note, WYSIWYG does not require you to model all basic equipment as long as it is obvious what they have. Only upgrades need to be very clear... in a number of older codices that meant you needed to model grenades sadly. Anyone who tries that on a modern codex however isnt enforcing the rules- theyre just being a git.

How do you figure the Prince is the only efficient HQ for CSM?

Hes the one who works best on his own- a chaos lord needs a good squad to support him, a sorceror needs a bodygaurd and gets expensive if he has multiple spells... but Daemon Princes were designed to work solo, and as such they do pretty well at it. The ability to be psychers as well as butt kickin warriors doesnt hurt either.

That being said theres nothing wrong with a moderately tooled chaos lord. I think one of the most undervalued assault units in the game is a Lord backed up by Slaaneshi Raptors personally... all those I5 attacks on the charge.... yeesh.

Always remember; if a rules nazi starts on about non-character models not being WYSIWYG, you can make them please be quiet by pointing out that the WYSIWYG rule properly only applies to Characters (ICs and UCs).

Anything that isn't a character model technically doesn't have to be WYSIWYG

Always remember; if a rules nazi starts on about non-character models not being WYSIWYG, you can make them please be quiet by pointing out that the WYSIWYG rule properly only applies to Characters (ICs and UCs).

Anything that isn't a character model technically doesn't have to be WYSIWYG

That would be a much better alternative to my first thought of playing my version of "Rule hammer" which involves taking the rule book (The hard bound version, not the dinky little cliff-notes version) and smacking the Rule-Nazi upside the head until he reaches a point of agreement with me. Or unconsciousness, but really it's all the same.

That would be a much better alternative to my first thought of playing my version of "Rule hammer" which involves taking the rule book (The hard bound version, not the dinky little cliff-notes version) and smacking the Rule-Nazi upside the head until he reaches a point of agreement with me. Or unconsciousness, but really it's all the same.

Maybe not quite the right tone of answer for an Official Rules forum :)

Maybe not quite the right tone of answer for an Official Rules forum :P

:( :D ;) :D :teehee: :D

HA! if you're worried about having the proper tone then you'd better ban be from the boards now. I say what I think and I answer when I am asked. I'm not particularly big in the enduring friends department and never expect, nor want, anyone to defend me. If I'm wrong, I'll stand up and shout it to the high heavens. I have no issue with helping someone out, or working for someone else but I have no expectations for the efforts to be returned on my behalf.

Now, all that being said, I'm not inclined to go around looking for a fight. Sure I enjoy a good debate, but if it comes right down to it, I can leave it at "We agree that we disagree" and move on. Bottom line, I'm not competitive. I tried my hand at tournaments, had a grossly bad experience, and haven't gone back to them. I've helped run several, but I have no desire or interest in participating in one again. When I play, I play to have fun. I'll will happily congratulate my opponent when he makes those 18 6's to wound my wonderful Toughness 5 lord with 5 wounds with lasguns and I will laugh about it or act out what just happened when I then fail those ever so vexing 3+ Power Armor saves. When it all boils down, I'm an Jack :cuss , and I'm honest about it. I've encountered a lot of people in my life who don't like my being honest with them, and they expect me to lie, or smudge the facts, or play the personality game. I don't. Period. End of story.

No ones asking you to play the "personality game" but talk of physical violence is discouraged heavily on this board. As your questions have been answered, this thread is closed. If anyone really wants it opened again, give me a PM and well see.

Archived