Need an opinion on this Dread...

Working on my version of the newest Ven Dread kit:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/goalie20/Warhammer%2040K/IMG_3134.jpg

Crappy lighting and such, but the thing I need help with is that Crux Terminatus at the bttom of the sarcophagus. I've painted the skull silver, and the flanges of the cross white. The white is just far too plain, though.

Any ideas to spruce it up and make it pop?

I was thinking of either doing it again in gold or silver, or maybe adding a gold or silver inset line inside the white. Kinda making it look like theres a thin channel of metal inside the white.

Or, I could use gold or silver to do little triangles pointing inward toward the skull, or maybe just a little bit of twisty freehand on the flanges to break up the white.

What do you guys think?

Your dread is looking good so far. :) My advice for the crux would be to paint the skull in a bronze/ golden colour and the cross in a light grey (foundation greys are great for that) highlighted all the way up to white. White won't work that well next to silvery metalics because there's not much contrast. ;)

Your dread is looking good so far. :) My advice for the crux would be to paint the skull in a bronze/ golden colour and the cross in a light grey (foundation greys are great for that) highlighted all the way up to white. White won't work that well next to silvery metalics because there's not much contrast. ;)

Not a bad plan. Thanks for the suggestion.

I should also note that the Ajax on his nameplate will be redone. I'm renaming him Hylas. All six mof my Dreads will be named after members of the crew of the Argo.

Archived