Dual daemon Prince army

Have started doing an iron warriors army and was wondering if having dual daemon prince army was worth trying. Its about the only HQ combination that I have never tried!

I was considering this as I currently have a winged prince im going to paint for my Iron warriors, and today I found the nurgle daemon prince in the back of my cupboard, and was hoping to make use of it.

I was considering having the winged prince having Mark of khorne and warptime, and nurgle prince with doombolt.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Yup, Khorne princes are actually kind of shoddy at melee fighting, comparatively, as warptime is going to be frequently better then +1 attack. Can't lose the attack to a hood, so it's not an out and out thing, but still, kinda sad.

Princes are one of the better and more points efficient options in the CSM book, and easily the most points efficient HQ. Almost any set up is fine, so long as you've got wings (generally considered mandatory). Favored marks include Tzeentch or Nurgle for defense, or Slaanesh for Lash. Warp Time is generally the favored psychic power if you aren't slaaneshi - since the prince is a melee option and WT makes a huge difference in melee output. That said, I've also seen Nurgle's Rot and Wind of Chaos used to good effect. Two princes is everything great about one prince, only two of them, so yeah. It is sort of a more is more situation, given their cheap points cost for flying monstrous creatures.

I myself use a single undivided prince with Warptime. Does well enough for me in casual settings. Then again, I haven't played in a year or so things might have changed since then.

2 is also always better due to Lanchasters square law and target priority and such. Remember a tzeentch one can take 2 psy powers if you really want but I wouldn't recomedn it. Also, if your slannesh you take lash, if your not take warptime, its pretty much how it's done.

They don't like it for taking full advantage of your codex? your pretty much an edition behind (designed for 5th, give me a break) with a quite horrible codex (option wise) why not take the positive points from it? You going to say I am a cheese man because I use 2 Land raiders in 1500 for my pure DH?

2DP are great, try it and I guarentee you love it if you take the right psy powers and don't face loads of heavy weapons with no cover on the board. Oh and wings, always take wings.

I think the Warptime vs MoK arguement is dependant on how much anti-psyker gear you have to face.

Warptime is better if you can pull it off regularly, but against Codex Marines, Space Wolves, Eldar and Tyranids, you will have some difficulty with that.

Plus there is a minor benefit that the KDP is 15 points cheaper.

They don't like it for taking full advantage of your codex? your pretty much an edition behind (designed for 5th, give me a break) with a quite horrible codex (option wise) why not take the positive points from it? You going to say I am a cheese man because I use 2 Land raiders in 1500 for my pure DH?

When did you get the impression this was about you? My problem is that the Codex was written in such a way as to remove variety from any competitive list. You have nothing to do with it whatsoever. And what the hell was that little edition rant about, did it sneak in from another sentence?

2DP are great, try it and I guarentee you love it if you take the right psy powers and don't face loads of heavy weapons with no cover on the board. Oh and wings, always take wings.

I'm a fluff player and every single warband in the world being run by 2 Slaaneshi Princes is utterly idiotic. But it's obvious you're not one, so I doubt you can see my point.

Come on guys, it's just a game, keep it friendly, this sin't helping the person who asked the question ^^

As for my advice, it will be the same as i get from most people on the forum: There is no 'best' list. Just do some proxies and try it out yourself, see if you like it or not ^^. Most people use 2 DPS as standard (90% of their battles). Doesn't mean that you are forced to take it. Idd battles are pretty hard sometimes without the DPS, but hey, that can be fun too.

I've run dual princes a few times. I've never run 2 x lash in a friendly though. Usually I'll run 1 w/ MOT, warptime and wind, other is Nurgle with warptime. Both take wings. If you ever doubt how powerful wings are at that point cost, look what GW did to the cost of wings in the Daemon Codex. I'd have to say that 90% of the time a DP will earn it's points back over a Chaos Lord due to they have a better chance at getting into CC. An added plus is that if they are trying to shoot the crap out of your DP's, they are not concentrating much on the rhino rush full (or 1/2 full as I usually run 'em) of angry marines.

P.S. once I ran a Tzeentch DP w/ wings and 2x Gift of Chaos against a Space Wolf player. Turned his very expensive Wolf Lord on a Wolf AND then his Librarian into bubbling spawns.... Don't think I'll ever get THAT lucky again, but what the heck, it was worth it....

P.S. once I ran a Tzeentch DP w/ wings and 2x Gift of Chaos against a Space Wolf player. Turned his very expensive Wolf Lord on a Wolf AND then his Librarian into bubbling spawns.... Don't think I'll ever get THAT lucky again, but what the heck, it was worth it....

Is that even possible to take the same power twice? for as far as I know you can take 2 powers, but not the same one twice ...

it is not shoting , but for it to work both the lord and the wolf priest would have to stand for one of their turns within range of the dp[and not charge it etc] and then they would have to fail one [if the RP was the first target] or two rune staff rolls. that is ... well lets just say highly unlikely to happen.

it is not shoting , but for it to work both the lord and the wolf priest would have to stand for one of their turns within range of the dp[and not charge it etc] and then they would have to fail one [if the RP was the first target] or two rune staff rolls. that is ... well lets just say highly unlikely to happen.

His Wolf lord was already locked in combat with a large (well it was large before the wolf lord got in there....) group of 1k sons from a charge on his turn, On my turn the DP charged into the melee and turned the lord into a spawn. (His Librarian wasnt involved in the combat and failed to nullify the gift but nullified warptime) The DP then killed the other 2 Wolf Riders. His turn the long fangs w/ the librarian in it managed 2 wounds on the DP, so on my next he flew over there, and it was the same thing, he nullified warptime but not the gift and was turned into a spawn. The DP killed 3 fangs but the Wolf Guard in termie armor/fist/cyclone killed the prince.

I know it was very lucky rolling, but since then I've been sold on warptime/wind since then. Absolutely wicked combo.

Gift of Chaos happens at the beginning of your turn. So you can't charge in and gift somebody. You have to get close, wait a turn and hope you don't die then cast the spell. Also, you can only take the spell once, but a Tzeench prince/sorc can cast it twice per turn as it is not a shooting attack.

Archived