Meltas and Void shields

Locmac

Pretty standard question, I shot a Multi-Melta at a mek stompa and I rolled two dice(12 inches on the dot), my opponent asked what I was doing and I couldn't find anything other than the "are the equivalent of Armor 12". So do you still roll two dice because it's just another part of the vehicle?

Yeah, the void shield/power field rules dont say they remove melta, so they dont.

There is something interesting however- you shouldnt have been rolling against the shield. In order to use the Melta rule on a MM you have to be at 12", and a Powerfield doesnt work against shots taken within 12".

he said he was exactly at 12". The area of "within 12 inches" does not technicly count the exact distance of 12, but requires you to be 11.9999999etc. wereas melta is at half range or less. Thus the exact distance of 12 allows both the melta rule and void sheild rules to be in effect simultaniously.

And the chances of being exactly 12" is???

Yeah, my second part of the post was said with this in mind... its been a long, long time since Ive seen someone who was at exactly 12" where it wasnt kind of shaky and the person deferred to being out of melta range.

Archived