Salamanders and Allies

aye, on 1 side, you have the "it says your army and your allies are part of your army" and on the other side, they disagree and say its only for marines in the army, discuss it with your gaming group.

It's a pretty big loophole left over from the 3rd ED WH and DH codex, though it is primarily used with the WH codex to the cheap and prevalent meltas and flamers the sisters can get.

RAW it is very shady territory, as (to summarize) the allies rule allowes you to "induct the following units into your army". By how that's written, then yes, the Salamanders special rule affects allies. Is it RAI? Heck and no, but since the WH hasn't been updated it's a lingering easily exploitable loop hole.

I suspect it will go away this summer/fall when the DH and possibly WH 'dexes are redone.

The way it was explained to me when I asked the question to GW directly was. "yes, it does work." The reasoning is that Vulkan's Chapter Tactics entry is written slightly different than other characters in that same book.

The key word in the entry is "army". It was explained to me that if you ally Sisters to Sallies, they then become part of your ARMY.

Yes, I'll give you that particular entry is poorly written, but unfortunately, due to the way the entry is written, it does work that way.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but if I include witch hunter allies in my vulkan list, do they gain his army bonuses? I'm sure its not rai, but what does raw have to say?

Yes it does work. ;)

Enjoy the crispy :D

But you may annoy people in doing it. If you are already winning with your Salamanders, I would advise you not too. They'll think you are being a jerk. However, if you play people who love hard nosed gaming, go for it. Your audience will show you whether it is "appropriate" or not.

Archived