Kill Team Tactical Squad

Thantoes

Got bored and did a rummage through the old bits box and came across enough bits to make up a squad of marines. Decided to do a little something different to my normal Ultramarines.

Went with doing a squad for the Kill Team mission out of the Battlemissions book but had each member from a different codex chapter. Was fun to stretch myself a little with different colour combinations, the use of white basecoats and white paint jobs etc. Even did a couple of Chapter badges freehand which was interesting.

A Soul Drinker sergeant and Imperial Fist

gallery_33964_4502_38022.jpg

gallery_33964_4502_9859.jpg

A Son of Orar and Black Consul

gallery_33964_4502_762.jpg

gallery_33964_4502_34610.jpg

Eagle Warrior and Salamander

gallery_33964_4502_15890.jpg

gallery_33964_4502_34319.jpg

White Scar and Mortifactor

gallery_33964_4502_29492.jpg

gallery_33964_4502_10634.jpg

Howling Griffin and Iron Snake - Howling Griffin is the only guy I couldnt find a decal or freehand a chapter badge for. I will try and sort something out at some point.

gallery_33964_4502_34611.jpg

gallery_33964_4502_48523.jpg

First of all they are really really nice! Your IF is cool too.

I particularly like the Iron Snake guy and how you executed his buzz cut hairstyle.

Howling Griffon decals (by Tubal) can be found in the downloads area:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...amp;showfile=48

One slightly off-topic question: do you have any tips on what transfer material to use for these (what to print them on) and where can I get some from?

Cheers!

Thantoes they look beautiful man. Congrats!

I am intrigued by the chalice of the Soul Drinker. Is it green stuff man? It is very beautiful. Might i ask how you did it and maybe crawl to the ground and beg for a tutorial?

Thantoes they look beautiful man. Congrats!

I am intrigued by the chalice of the Soul Drinker. Is it green stuff man? It is very beautiful. Might i ask how you did it and maybe crawl to the ground and beg for a tutorial?

I wish I could claim credit but its not greenstuff, its from the Blood Angels Sanguinary guard kit (maybe the death company too, not sure)

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/sanguinary-gu...d-f-p-5941.html

Very nice. I like the Imperial Fist out of affiliation, and I like the White Scar because of the cleanliness of the white. What I would have done is put some thin black lines around the edges of things like the helmet crest or face um... things.

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of "Battle Missions" for some time now.

Oh, and surely the Black Consuls are recorded as exterminated?

Very nice. I like the Imperial Fist out of affiliation, and I like the White Scar because of the cleanliness of the white. What I would have done is put some thin black lines around the edges of things like the helmet crest or face um... things.

I didnt do the black lines as I find that they make too hard a contrast. The white is far more defined in real life. I used a flash on the models which has blended the white together.

As to the Black Consuls. They are believed to have been destroyed but thier actual status is unknown. I would have been rather more concerened with the Soul Drinker as they are renegades. However this is all easily managed by stating that this squad is pre 455.M41 which is when the Consuls where destroyed and far before the Drinkers went renegade.

I didnt do the black lines as I find that they make too hard a contrast. The white is far more defined in real life. I used a flash on the models which has blended the white together.

As to the Black Consuls. They are believed to have been destroyed but thier actual status is unknown. I would have been rather more concerened with the Soul Drinker as they are renegades. However this is all easily managed by stating that this squad is pre 455.M41 which is when the Consuls where destroyed and far before the Drinkers went renegade.

Ah, makes sense.

I can't believed I missed that Soul Drinker. The purple must blur my vision.

These are very cool. Why?

1. I haven't seen a Soul Drinker in years! (no one seems to like purple!?)

2. I've always wanted to do a mixed squad but the Lord knows I'd start an army out of each one.

Good job and good luck with the Sternguard!

Archived