Local Tourney

Played in 1500 pt tourney this weekend at my FLGS and here's the list I ran.

Daemon Prince w/wings, Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot

Sorcerer w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission

Terminaters x3 w/ combi flamer & combi melta

Chaos marines x10 w/ 2 plasma, champ, power weapon, rhino

Chaos marines x10 w/ 2 plasma, champ, rhino

Chaos marines x10 w/ melta/flamer, champ, power fist, rhino

Havocs x9 w/ missile launcher x4

Defiler w/ +2 DCCW

This list did really well against Orks (game 1), Blood Angels (game 2), and Chaos (game 3).

Game 1 scenario. Played as attacker, had 6" DZ on short table edge, objective was on oppisite short edge in center. Defender had 24" DZ in middle of table w/ 1 HQ, 2 Troops, +1 of your choice, rest is in reserve and come in on short table edge. Orks deployed Big Mek w/ KFF, 2 Deff Dreads, and 15 Lootas in the "no mans land" and he had 2x 30 boyz w/nob power klaw, unit of 2 killa kans, looted wagon with boom gun and Big Mek w/ shokk attack gun which came in on turn 2 and a single killa kan on turn three. I won the game by killing all units except 1 30 boyz squad and shokk attack gun and not losing a single unit. Had one unit with a single person left that was not running, but no squads were lost. Good rolling on my part.

Game 2 scenario. Played as attacker again, had 6" DZ on long table edge and right short table edge. Defender had 24" DZ on half opposite edge and left short edge. Defender used one troop as sentries and deployed HQ and troop in DZ. Played a sentries game. Objective was tower in defender DZ. Defender placed chaplain and tactical squad with in DZ and used assault troops as sentries. My force deployed opposite him on long table edge 18" away...very nice for me. By 2nd turn I had cleared his DZ and awaiting his reserves that hadn't come on yet...ouch.

Game 3 scenario. Both had 24" DZ in opposite corners. Objectives were air dropped on table on turn 2, had 3 objectives, 1 fell off table, 1 was center table, 1 was well in opponents DZ. Turn one was night fighting, so opponent got closer under cover of night, but was able to lash his army into a piecemeal meatgrinder. And after three turns, there was only one thousand sons models left on the board. Again good rolling on my part.

Good games all round. End up taking the tourney, had some great opponents and great memories.

Archived