Land speeder storm and scouts

talanis

Something I can't get my head around, ive read numerous posts on forums about outflanking a storm with a complement of CC scouts, however to outflank they must both be in reserve and with the storm not being a dedicated transport they can't start the game in it right?

So how does this tactic work? Does it? Can someone shed some light on this for me.

however to outflank they must both be in reserve and with the storm not being a dedicated transport they can't start the game in it right?

Wrong, any unit can start in a transport, the one restriction is that you cannot start a unit in another units dedicated transport.

Basically you embark the scouts in the speeder during the deployment phase and declare them as outflanking... simples :)

But you cant do it if the scouts are combat squaded!

Dedicated transports means that the transport can be taken without useing the FOC but can only be deployed with Nothing, its dedicated squad, or an independent character. Any other Transport can start with a squad inside it.

Dedicated transports means that the transport can be taken without useing the FOC but can only be deployed with Nothing, its dedicated squad, or an independent character.

For the sake of correction, you can only have an IC in a dedicated transport if hes joined to the unit the transport is dedicated to. You can't just have an IC in there on his own otherwise he'd be breaking the 'no other units' rule.

But as mentioned any transport bought as a unit in their own right, the Storm speeder, Landraiders, (as well Valkyries, Falcons etc) can carry whatever they want to at deployment, as long as it fits of course!

Now I remember this issue comeing up before and being decided that IC can be put into Dedicated transports before deployment as per the BRB. I thought it was weird but it is in there. I dont have it atm to confirm however.

Found it! It was under my new five man vanguard squad...some how the flashy paint blinded me from the book beneath but, oh well...

PAGE 67: "...it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any independent characters)."

Bam! it is up for debate but i'd say it as as good a reason as most agruments postulated on this forum :P haha JK i actually respect this communites finest minds greatly and have on more than one occasion completely changed my gameing veiw because of you guys!

this question has been answered by my first reply, ill also lik to answer the IC question put forward by arnil.

Its not up for debate unfortunately, it does not say and/or it says plus, as in the unit plus an IC... you cannot use that sentence as an argument to put a lone IC in another units dedicated transport

A clarification/correction to GC08's first post. You can only put a unit in a transport if it fits (duh!). So you can only declare that a scout squad embark a storm if it consists of five models. If its more, you cannot. You can neither have a ten-man squad and combat squad it and put a combat squad in the storm, as you combat squad upon deploying, not specifying reserves (including declaring units embarked, joined etc.)

this question has been answered by my first reply, ill also lik to answer the IC question put forward by arnil.

Its not up for debate unfortunately, it does not say and/or it says plus, as in the unit plus an IC... you cannot use that sentence as an argument to put a lone IC in another units dedicated transport

Here's a question for you: what happens if the IC has a dedicated transport?

For example can an IG commissar embark in his personal chimera transport with a squad, or is only the commissar allowed?

A clarification/correction to GC08's first post. You can only put a unit in a transport if it fits (duh!). So you can only declare that a scout squad embark a storm if it consists of five models. If its more, you cannot. You can neither have a ten-man squad and combat squad it and put a combat squad in the storm, as you combat squad upon deploying, not specifying reserves (including declaring units embarked, joined etc.)

Correct by RAW. Stupid, but correct.

Hahaha wow you guys have rule lawyering down to an art form! :lol: well back to the tactical drawing board! My chaplain will be so sad! I also just remembered I recently gave him a jump pack so this point is moot as my other HQ in Kor'sarro k

khan on Moondrakkan lol!

Archived