Salamanders Sergeant Telion Conversion

Garden Ninja

I recently converted and painted up this mini as a Salamanders version of Sergeant Telion (good ol' "counts as").

For further rantings on the conversion, you can visit my blog.

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/salamandersniper.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/salamandersniper2.jpg

Hm... maybe it doesn't show in the pic very well, but there are patches of burnt grass on the ground. I didn't make simple dead grass, because I think that proximity to the lava would probably singe it all.

Of course, that proximity to the lava would probably kill a person too, but Telion is badass that way.

While you've done an excellent paintjob and conversion I can't help but wonder "why would a scout/sniper guy a veteran no less who's gone to the effort of wearing a ghillie suit, crouch next to an extremely bright light source?" Sorry bud but I think that base would have been better suited to an HQ unit like Vulkan Hestan.

You know, you are right. However, it follows the kind of thinking that you get from all camouflaged mini: real camo just looks bad on the tabletop.

I mean, think about it. If actual soldiers in a warzone "popped" they'd all be killed. Camouflage is designed to break up your outline and keep you from being standing out.

If you don't do something very wrong with the minis, they tend to just look bland and aweful. So it is the same idea with the lava pit. It makes him pop on the tabletop- which he needs because from the back he looks like a large flocked base.

Archived