Pinned after assaulting a vehicle

Hi all, I have a question that emerged yesterday and about I wish to have your opinion.

A lonely land speeder is on the table (or another vehicle if you prefer), it got charged and stunned but not destroyed.

So in my turn i have my speeder unable to move and in base contact with another unit (not engaged, so i can fire to them)

my scout sniper them, and the fail the pinning test, going to ground.

What happens in my assault phase? Is that unit still able to attack my speeder even if pinned?

thank you

Andrea

p.s. yesterday we ruled yes

EDIT i wrote shaken instead of stunned sorry

Frosty is correct here; so is Brother-Captain (barring any other intervention on the opponent's part). You can't move or shoot since you're Stunned. His guys can't Move, Shoot, or Assault as they are Pinned. Stalemate. So it goes like this...

- His turn: he assaults your speeder and Stuns it.

- Your turn: the Speeder is stunned so it can't move. Your snipers Pin the unit in BtB with your speeder.

- His turn: his unit is pinned, so they can't move, shoot, or assault.

- Your turn: Your speeder is no longer stunned...get it the heck out of there!!

Additionally I was under the impression that vehicles cannot be locked in assault so any models in BtB with a non-wrecked enemy vehicle at the end of the assault phase would have to move 1" away because you can never be within 1" of an enemy model without being locked in assault.

@ Sparhawk no you don't have to move. The BRB says that if the other player doesn't move his vehicle away during his turn then any models in contact with it can attack again during the assault phase.

I would post up a quote and page ref but my book isnt in my room and i dont want to go hunting.

basically, vehicles without a weapon skill can never be locked, but it is down to the owning player to move them during his turn or risk them taking further damage.

@ Sparhawk no you don't have to move. The BRB says that if the other player doesn't move his vehicle away during his turn then any models in contact with it can attack again during the assault phase.

I would post up a quote and page ref but my book isnt in my room and i dont want to go hunting.

basically, vehicles without a weapon skill can never be locked, but it is down to the owning player to move them during his turn or risk them taking further damage.

pg 63

Theres a problem with your scenario: The snipers couldnt fire anyways.

Why? Because a transported unit is affected by shaken/stunned results, ala pg. 67, right hand column, right under "Crew Shaken/Crew Stunned".

Theres a problem with your scenario: The snipers couldnt fire anyways.

Why? Because a transported unit is affected by shaken/stunned results, ala pg. 67, right hand column, right under "Crew Shaken/Crew Stunned".

i assumed the snipers were not transported in the landspeeder, but were a seperate unit.

if they were trasported then yes, Grey Mage is correct. They would be bound by the 'Stunned/Shaken' result and unable to fire as per the transport rules.

Archived