Emperor's Champion

Stu Phoenix

Hey guys, thought I'd give you something to look at today, so here it is my just finished Emperors Champion.

I was trying to make the armor looks reeeeally old, I think it turned out pretty well, I also went for a Grey Knightish paint scheme, just because I thought

the regular black was to boring.

Enjoy! :)

gallery_54609_5013_226801.jpg

gallery_54609_5013_390900.jpg

gallery_54609_5013_45410.jpg

gallery_54609_5013_39269.jpg

gallery_54609_5013_482868.jpg

Whoah. "How would Jim Caviezel look if he was an Emperor's Champion?"

While I do love the sheer amount of detail and effort put into this (seriously, it's incredible work), I find it hard to believe that even the war-hungry Black Templars would let the Emperor's Champion go into battle with armour that looks like it's about to fall apart.

Beautiful paint, just not what I'd go for.

Having finished Helsreach not so long ago, I really really like this! It reminds of the descriptions of the Templar's armour as you get towards the end, so battered that all the paint has flaked off, revealing the ceramite underneath.

The detail on the cracks is great, especially on his faceplate. The Emperor's Champion is a small model, so it's extra impressive how detailed it looks!

Nice job :(

excellent painting skill, the armour really looks battered. A bit to much IMO. It looks ready to fall apart. However you have done a fine job.

Having it look like it's ready to fall apart was the idea, his faith in the Emperor keeps it together! :P

excellent painting skill, the armour really looks battered. A bit to much IMO. It looks ready to fall apart. However you have done a fine job.

Having it look like it's ready to fall apart was the idea, his faith in the Emperor keeps it together! :)

And here I thought pure hatred is what keeps it together (keeps my bolter workin well) :P But in all seriousness beautiful work man, beautiful. I hope the rest of your army turns out this awesome.

Archived