Deepstriking Daemons

Sparhawk

So I'll be playing my first game against CSM this weekend and I wanted to ask a question regarding DSing lesser Daemons.

I know that they have to enter play from reserves via DS. The question is do they have to DS by a chaos icon character or can they DS anywhere, and if there is no icon on the board when the reserve roll comes up what happens?

I don't own the C:CSM so I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Also if there are any other funky rules that chaos has that I should be aware of please let me know.

They have to come in by an icon. If you kill all the icons before they arrive, they don't arrive ever.

If no icon is on the board when the arrive, they are destroyed.

Stick a land speeder storm next to their icon and laugh as they scatter 4D6 rather then 2 :D

Yeah destroy all icons and they cannot come on. Like bugs on a car windowscreen ;)

Stick a land speeder storm next to their icon and laugh as they scatter 4D6 rather then 2 <_<

Yeah destroy all icons and they cannot come on. Like bugs on a car windowscreen :D

Demons arriving near an icon don't scatter.

Stick a land speeder storm next to their icon and laugh as they scatter 4D6 rather then 2 <_<

your right, however the LSS jamming beacons nullify the effects of the icon.. and deepstrikers scatter the 4D6 i think he was a little confused between the two

your right, however the LSS jamming beacons nullify the effects of the icon.. and deepstrikers scatter the 4D6 i think he was a little confused between the two

If the effect of the icon is nullified, then wouldn't the lesser demons be unable to arrive?

Codex SM pg. 75 "Teleport homers, Chaos Icons andd similar wargear items that prevent deep strike scatter do not function within 6" of a Land Speeder Storm."

Does that mean it doesn't work at all or just that it has to scatter the full 4D6?

Codex SM pg. 75 "Teleport homers, Chaos Icons andd similar wargear items that prevent deep strike scatter do not function within 6" of a Land Speeder Storm."

Does that mean it doesn't work at all or just that it has to scatter the full 4D6?

I would probably say the within 6" of a LSS the icon doesn't function, I don't see how a Deamon could use a Icon that isn't functioning

The way to beat chaos is simple. Join in the spilling of blood for our god or die..... :wallbash:

OK I'm back (who brought that guy :D ) The way to beat a chaos list is shoot all of his assault units as much as you can before they get to you. When they do have a good counter attack in place ready. His lesser daemons do assault on the turn they arrive but unless there large numbers there a one trick pony. They only have a +5 save it is an invul but its still a 5 just shoot them until there dust you'll be OK.

I would say, that landspeeder storm wouldnt effect chaos space marine summon daemons from deepstriking.

Teleport homers, Chaos Icons andd similar wargear items that prevent deep strike scatter do not function within 6" of a Land Speeder Storm

chaos marine daemons do not scatter at all, ever, so its not something that prevents deep strike scattering, or at least thats how I read it.

Lesser demons can not deepstrike except near an icon. If the icon stops functioning, how can the demons use it to deepstrike?

Also, does a Land Speeder Storm turn off other functions of a Chaos icon (such as Icon of Nurgles +1 toughness bonus?)

its aimed at the icons being used by codex daemons, and also using icons to deep strike in terminators or oblitorators.

As said above, as codex chaos marine lesser daemons do not scatter ever, the LSS wont effect them. it only effects things that would cancel out your scatter.

its aimed at the icons being used by codex daemons, and also using icons to deep strike in terminators or oblitorators.

As said above, as codex chaos marine lesser daemons do not scatter ever, the LSS wont effect them. it only effects things that would cancel out your scatter.

Thats not what their rules say.

C:CSM says they dont scatter because they always come in next to a chaos icon.

yes, but they can only come in next to a icon, so will not scatter. If no icons are on the table the unit is destroyed.

Ok, this may not be as cut and dry as i expected, as in the codex it states they dont scatter because they can only deepstrike within range of an icon, and thus wouldn't scatter, so maybe they would due to a LSS....

I can't see the confusion here. The daemons appear next to an icon, and the icon prevents them from scattering, like a locator beacon does. The storm prevents locator beacons, teleport homers, AND CHAOS ICONS from functioning. So even if you let the daemons arrive (and RAW they shouldn't, as the icon now doesn't work), they will scatter 4D6" unless they get a hit on the scatter dice.

Archived