Dornian Heresy Space Wolves

I am a HUGE fan of many of the Dornian Heresy legions but I am currently in the mind set to make an evil army (or a couple). I have decided to go with chaos and it was while I was trying to decide which force to do that the Dornian Heresy was released in bulk. I had seen it in posts before but had never paid it much attention to my regret. As a long time son of Russ (first army) I was intrigued by the Wolves of Khorne and after reading the alternate background story the choice of doing Khornate wolves over my self made renegade chapter of Tzeentch, my Plaguebearer possesed company of Space Wolves, Iron Hands turned into butcher machines of Khorne and a host of Undivided Blood Angels was chosen for me.

So I have decided to use the Chaos Marine codex to represent my force and of course their will be plenty of conversions (just the way I like it) as well as some counts as units and characters. First I will adress the paint scheme, I don't really like the idea of the wolves using peices of scavanged armor. To me if they are that lost in the bloodshed they wont even keep using armor so what I am wanting to do is either paint their armor red and having glowing viking runes carved into their armor to represent their anti magic wards. Or give them grey armor with blood stains and the same runes that would be glowing red. It would also be common for the marines to be missing armor peices so bare arms and such.

First up is my Khornate Wolf Lord. I have two plans for how I will make him. One plan is to mount him on a juggernaut with a Bloodfeeder and a storm sheild (not real wargear but will represent his 5++ save) or a pair of lightning claws. To represent the model I am thinking about using the Canis Wolfborn model combined with the WHFB Chaos Lord on a juggernaut. I will use the axe and sheild from the lord and I am trying to think of something for the torso but I know that Canis has a hard torso to change. If I can just cut it off I'll completly replace it. I'll use the spiked collar from the juggernaut on the wolf if it will fit as will as ad some more blood trophies and khornate bits to the mount.

The second plan is to have him be in terminator armor with the same weapons as above just in terminator armor which will be a combo of chaos and wolf guard terminator bits. I want to convert his wolf pelt by using a head from the warhounds of chaos and a little greenstuff.

Next is a counts as Khârn model which I am going to represent as a Khornate version of Ragnar.

For Elites I will have one unit of Terminators thatwill be converted wolf guard. A unit of possessed marines which I will represent as Wulfen (either the metal ones or my own conversions I haven't decided yet). And a chaos dreadnought.

Troops will be Khorne Berserkers that I will represent as Grey Hunters and marines of Khorne that I will represent as Blood claws. The reasoning behind this being that the Grey Hunters have been in the service of Khorne longer and so have given themselves over to Khorne while the Blood Claws haven't had as much of a chance (I like the irony of how the roles are reversed)

Fast Attack will be nothing but chaos spawn which I will represent with warhounds of chaos which will be the remaining wolves of fenris that have been enfluenced by the power of Khorne.

For Heavy Support I am thinking of just taking Land Raiders as nothing else suits Khornate Wolves in my opinion.

Well those are my plans, what do you all think?

After reading through the Space Wolves part of the Dornian Heresy I realise that a few of my choices are in direct contradiction to the "fluff" so I have decided to drop the dreadnought and replace it with a unit of chosen and I have switched the berserkers to represent the blood claws and the marines of khorne to represent the grey hunters

I'm asking what people think about my modeling ideas, I apologise if that didn't come through in the title :blush: . Also if anyone could clear up my questions about the issues of Canis Wolfborns model it would be appreciated

If no one has any comments then can anyone at least point me to a good source of chaos wolves? I've searched but mostly its people who either just talk about it and don't do it or they do it and don't post pictures?

As you said, there aren't many people who do it. I'm doing it myself tho, but just begun with it, am not the greatest painter, more a modest one, and it isn't my main faction. I'm actually going to put them up as normal CSM with mark of khorne (allong with my other forces). Got them from a friend who stopped playing, so it is an old edition. I'm going to paint them like the Skyrar's Dark Wolves (csm codex p.24) and found that Charadon Granite paint was the closest thing to the base collor. If you really want those wolves from Dorian Heresy, it will be a hard time looking for it mate. It's a pretty new concept, and although B&C did a great job, it's still fan-made :D Most 'serious' clubs, won't know/accept/aprove it. You can find some pics of Skyrar Dark Wolves on the internet, but that's about it :).

Don't let that get you down :( Be the first on B&C to post a fully Dorian Heresy Wolves Army!!!!

Maybe I said it in the wrong words. People will tend to a. Make it skyrar dark wolves like discribed in the codex, b. invent something themselves. But to find someone who actually (already) made the Dornian Heresy Wolves will be hard to find, if somebody already did it.

well good luck with resculpting canis. I think it is easier to redo a jugger and take sculpt a new front torso for a plastic lord/biker. He is a huge pain to convert , same with his wolf.

as for the squads , a good thing is to add a few chaos warriors torsos from WFB or at least the helms , they loook realy nice on sm .

For the dread I advice making a huge wulfen and using maybe on of the rakham or horde models , huge wolf with belt fed hvy bolter or the plastic lascanon from the sm devs could look real nice[am only thinking about looks here , not about how something works]

But you are still going to do the Dornian Space Wolves right?

The suggested Chaos Warrior torsos aren't a bad idea. Make sure you keep the models dynamic though. Space Wolves are very much an assault force, Khorne is very much a savage close combat thing. So dynamic models are important to represent that. The Chaos Warriors are anything but dynamic, so be careful there when using those parts. :lol:

Bare arms are a nice touch too!

But you are still going to do the Dornian Space Wolves right?

The suggested Chaos Warrior torsos aren't a bad idea. Make sure you keep the models dynamic though. Space Wolves are very much an assault force, Khorne is very much a savage close combat thing. So dynamic models are important to represent that. The Chaos Warriors are anything but dynamic, so be careful there when using those parts. :(

Bare arms are a nice touch too!

While the WHFB warriors of chaos torsos do look great with SW bits I am not going to use them for the Dornian Wolves as they do restrict poses (I used some in my actual SW army). And I am not going to be using a dreadnought anymore but than you for the suggestion

Archived