Raye Raye's Night Lords

Raye

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures on the progress of my Night Lords. I'm using them as a pre-heresy force (Nilla SM codex with Khan rules), so I've tried to kitbash them together as best I can to make them a bit more old school.

I've avoided using Imperial Eagle chestplates, but a couple of those ones with skulls with wings on snuck in there due to monetary constraints.

Let me know what you think of my guys :)

Also, I've been umming and ahhing over whether or not to put some colour on their bolters. I was considering giving a section of the gun a coat of blue, just to make it a bit more exciting.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mjwNZbvjn1Y/TA_11iKuxUI/AAAAAAAAAC0/5afwFX3RePU/s1600/nightlords1.jpg

I painted them in such a stupid order. They aren't even a legal ten man squad (D'oh)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mjwNZbvjn1Y/TA_2RgLVtRI/AAAAAAAAADE/mIyKZzCtRVs/s1600/nightlords5.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mjwNZbvjn1Y/S-f4o0UqDdI/AAAAAAAAABI/Bz9h-pl1haE/s1600/small-night%20lords.jpg

Hope you like them! :lol:

Just remembered that they're not based, sorry if that's not allowed in the completed works section! :P

If you highlighted the bolters in your darkest blue from the SMs themselves, I think that would add a tiny bit of punch, but still keep them as black bolters overall. Just hit the high areas, and edges. I'd say that's all you'd need.

I like this idea, think I'll do it. The bolters just look a little plain without any colour at all! Cheers :)

Hope you like them!
They're great, grim and worn, as they should be! :P

Thank you! It's nice to hear!

Try RAWBERRY, made with lightning, REAL LIGHTNING.

Sorry, it reminded me of powerthirst :P

HA. That's exactly why I wrote it. DO YOU WANT TO BE UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC?!

Looks amazing, I agree with Dave about the highlights, but they do look epic.

Thanks very much ;)

Well, the lighting effects are nice, for sure.

I'm not so sure about those last two, I can't tell where the helmets/skin/re-breathers are.

Also, a minor point, and I'm sure you're aware of this, but don't Night Lords have winged helmets?

I like the helmet on the guy with the Power Fist... Does that come with Chaos Space Marines?

Well, the lighting effects are nice, for sure.

I'm not so sure about those last two, I can't tell where the helmets/skin/re-breathers are.

Also, a minor point, and I'm sure you're aware of this, but don't Night Lords have winged helmets?

I like the helmet on the guy with the Power Fist... Does that come with Chaos Space Marines?

The last two guys are the first two I painted (lol that's confusing) so they're a bit less detailed than the newer ones :) I'm gonna have to go over and repaint some of the rebreathers especially cos I got a bit messy with the blue :)

Yeah on the winged helmet thing. I'm using these as pre-heresy marines, so I don't want them to be super-chaosy, and I just really dislike the winged helmets on the GW models. Maybe when I get a bit more confident with sculpting I might try adding some wings to special characters but for now I'm really reluctant to.

The Power Fist guy's helmet is an old Chaos Knights helmet from Fantasy, if I recall correctly. Raided my boyfriend's bitz box!

damn, i got jibbed. i read "real lightning" and i though you have some contraption installed that arcs little sparks around the models. :P

great paint job though, looking good.

If only I had that sort of technical witchery. Like those land raiders you see with Ipods plugged in.

Cheers for the comment :lol:

Aren't those awfully recent armor marks for a Pre Heresy army? I recommend using the Iron Warriors conversion set with horns clipped off as it gives you a bunch of PH armor chestplates and helms for a more authentic feel. Also, I know you mentioned this, but your really should have filed off the aquilas. That said, the lightning is well done, and I like how long each bolt is, it's usually painted smaller, but I like the longer effect.

Aren't those awfully recent armor marks for a Pre Heresy army? I recommend using the Iron Warriors conversion set with horns clipped off as it gives you a bunch of PH armor chestplates and helms for a more authentic feel. Also, I know you mentioned this, but your really should have filed off the aquilas. That said, the lightning is well done, and I like how long each bolt is, it's usually painted smaller, but I like the longer effect.

I know, I think I'm going to start filing the wings off on the next lot of guys. I've got a dremel tool now so hopefully I'll be able to do that without too much mess (eep).

I have made sure I haven't used the 'straight up' aquilas at all. The only ones I've used are the skulls with wings.

I'm looking up that IW conversion kit now, I don't actually know what it looks like!

Thanks

Nice models Raye, liking the lightning affect. keeps making me think if the theme song from Jase and the wheeled warriors for some reason...damn good cartoon lol

Keep up the great work.

Gleaken

Cheers :)

Archived