Greater Daemon

Canadin

Same looking gear cant represent two different thing in a single army [you cant have bolters being bolters in one unit and being sonic blasters in the other] ? right. Ergo a bloodthirster with wings is not wysiwyg , that is even without in to getting the whole counts as thing [because an actual blood thirster in w40k does exist and it has different rules from a GD] .

Easy solution... you use the bloodthirster you use for Scarbrand with tattered wings... who can't fly... but still gives the cool effect of wings and then you give the DP (or lord or whatever) who has wings proper wings without holes in them!

Also can you actually be DQed on fluff grouds in a hard tourny... I could understand losing paint points or comp points and so on.... be that Tyranid example seems harsh (I realise you didn't get DQed) because I can't see how you were breaking any rules... nor should it cause offence like having a Nazi guard army... Because if I understood you correctly... your near DQ was only because you were purple and cream rather than red and cream (or the other way round...). I guess some TOs or people who play in tournys are just idiots/***holes who take things far beyond power gaming... (nothing wrong with power gaming ;)).

Lol speaking of armies that have gotten people DQ'ed from tournys My guard army it was my "Full of Bad Taste" regiment Had me a couple of chimera and Steel legion units painted up in dark grey and black coats and sporting red armbands, a unit of rough riders dressed as ghosts, and big bald orgyn with singlets and camo pants and boots on. Yeah I got Dq'ed bad but that was halfway through when I beat one of the judges younger brothers so I get DQ he gets to go to the next round and Im being told Im the devil for having the only fully painted army there.

Oh and found out the younger brother did the same in the first round then in the 3rd round someone punched the judge....

*I really should go get them outta storage and give them a repaint they will march again<_<*

Lol speaking of armies that have gotten people DQ'ed from tournys My guard army it was my "Full of Bad Taste" regiment Had me a couple of chimera and Steel legion units painted up in dark grey and black coats and sporting red armbands, a unit of rough riders dressed as ghosts, and big bald orgyn with singlets and camo pants and boots on. Yeah I got Dq'ed bad but that was halfway through when I beat one of the judges younger brothers so I get DQ he gets to go to the next round and Im being told Im the devil for having the only fully painted army there.

Oh and found out the younger brother did the same in the first round then in the 3rd round someone punched the judge....

*I really should go get them outta storage and give them a repaint they will march again<_<*

I know a guy who has some guard in dark tench coats and red arm bands... and in the armbands he has yellow smiley! But it is things like your story that worry me about doing my guard based on the Helghast... who are in turn based (in a very loose manner!) the Germans from WWI and WWII and have a lot of imagery that reminds people of Nazis to make them seem the bad guys.

Easy solution... you use the bloodthirster you use for Scarbrand with tattered wings... who can't fly... but still gives the cool effect of wings and then you give the DP (or lord or whatever) who has wings proper wings without holes in them!

see but we are not speaking here about using scarbrand [+ it doesnt really matter how the wings look like , if they are there its not wysiwyg] we are talking about a blood thirster model and the wing it has are huge and impossible not to notice.

because I can't see how you were breaking any rules... nor should it cause offence like having a Nazi guard army

oh that is what happened to my friend . in the 3ed round of a tournament he was DQ for using old 2ed ork models[wehrmacht helms] and one of his pain bosses had a tranch coat. [he was also playing on the first table , so maybe it is because of that] his army was ruled as having "unwanted elements" and he was DQ. I was more lucky . I didnt get DQed but I did get low composition score and the same with paiting . As my army should have been a swarm one not a MC hvy one the way it was painted , what was both argued by one of my opponents and one of the GW employes runing the tournament.

Same looking gear cant represent two different thing in a single army [you cant have bolters being bolters in one unit and being sonic blasters in the other] ? right.

Well, in the example of the GD, the wings wouldn't represent anything at all, which is a different case to your Bolter-example.

Archived