World Eaters Army Project by Bohun

Bohun

• 3 weeks later...
The painting on these is Crazy good but I would recomend a change of hands on the plasma pistol armed sergeant, it looks like his fore arm is too big compared to his hand holding the pistol

Thanks again everyone for your kind words :)

Here comes another part of the army, the World Eaters Terminator Squad ! ! !

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6628/56306079.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope you'll like it, it took me ages to paint :)

Wow those are really nice. You used the Foregworld bits. Are the cracks all free hand or are they carved into the model?

Just when you feel like your painting skills are improving, and you're beginning to master the skills of the best, along comes someone like bohun and raises the bar even higher :wub:

Seriously, these are beautiful miniatures, you won't find many armies as well painted as these :D

Beautiful stuff there Bohun. Certainly have to say after following alot of your work over the years, this is certainly some of the most awesome!

I do have a question though. With your brass - what techniques are you using there because my eyes just cant seem to work out if its NMM or NMMWM or a combination of the 2! And if possible a tutorial in the future would be more than appretiated as theres a few things im more than certain i could use it on such as Grey knights trims and what not!

The ruby red is just glorious on its own!

very nice looking models, my only gripe is the soft armour, i think it would look far better in a darker colour rather than red. although thats an aesthetic preference rather than any form of critique i guess..

keep up the good work! <_<

Thanks again for your comments! :):D

The gold/brass is generally metallic paints and smoothed with glazes of inks and acrylics. It's very similar to the technique explained in Huron Tutorial, only that this time I used some mixtures of inks as well.

Almost all of the cracks are freehand, only a few are actually carved in the Forge World resin parts.

• 6 months later...

Yours are one of the best painting skills I have ever witnessed. You make your models look better than life-like.

How is your army faring? And how do you paint those gorgeous metallics? I have managed to begin mastering normal colour blending, but metallic always look bland...like out of the bottle painted, with a grain, even when thinned. Your pencil is a god among other pencils!

I've only been painting for about 2 weeks and the realization that I will never be this good is frightening...

Never say never! :(

Also, keep in mind, even though you just started a couple of months ago, your skill is growing. You may not notice it because it is such a slow process, but eventually you will come back many years later, look at your first small steps and then look at your current models and realize just how far you've come. Keep at it, move at your own pace, and make sure you never lose sight of the fact that you want to have fun first!

OP, beautiful paint job! I hope my DA's will be at this caliber some day soon :)

Archived