TLOS for Vehicles?

dswanick

Arise from the grave, thread! lol, anyway I want to point out some info that may alter your perceptions of this situation.

BRB, pg21, When are models in cover? - When any part of the traget model's body (as defined on pg16) is obscured from the point of view of the firer, the target model is in cover.

BRB, pg62, Vehicles and cover - The difference from the way cover works for other models is represented by the following exceptions to the normal rules for cover:

BRB, p62, Vehicles and cover - At least 50% of the facing of the vehicle that is being targeted (ie front, side, or rear) needs to be hidden by intervening terrain or models from the point of view of the firer for the vehicle to claim to be in cover. If this is the cas, the vehicle is said to be obscured (or 'hull down').

BRB, pg22, bullet3, Exception - Firing through units or area terrain: If a model firers through the gaps between some elements of area trerrain (such as two trees in a awood) or through the gaps between models in an intervening unit, the target is in cover even if it is completely visible to the firer. Note this does not apply if the shots go over the area terrain or unit rather than through it.

So the special exception for vehicles (50% rule) modifies the normal (any body part) rule for wether the model is obscured and thus gets a cover save. The rest of the basic rules still apply. Nothing about the shooting through the area terrain elements giving a cover save even if the vehicle/MC/model is completely visibly is changed since it simply states "the target is in cover" and bypasses the obscured portion of the rules. Specifically, his situation involved a squad more than 2" in area terrain shooting at an MC outside of the area terrain.

P.S. : This was the same interpretation by Swan at GW Customer Service when a guy in my group called about this very situation.

Clearly, I'm going to have to enhance this post for clarity since it got broken off of the thread I was responding too.

It might help if you tell what topic your quoted post was split from... otherwise it ain't making much sense I' afraid.

Cheers

I

Archived