Rhino fire ports

Question-

If you have a ten man tactical squad in a rhino, could you use the two heavy weapons in the fire ports?

Also, if you have a devastator squad. Can you revolve the weapons for the fire ports? (Say plasma cannon and missle launcher one turn, and lascannon/multi-melta the next turn?

Sorry if this was already mentioned in a previous post.

the fire point allows you to fire two weapons from it. there are no restrictions on what type of weapons can be fired, nor are you required to fire the same weapons in subsequent turns.

However, if the vehicle moves up to 6" then themodels inside count as moving and so are unable to fire heavy weapons, and rapid fire weapons shoot two shots at 12" range. If the vehice moves further than 6" then passengers are unable to fire, the same is true if the vehicle was stunned/shaken in the previous turn.

One last point, a 10 man tactical squad can only have one heavy weapon, i assume you meant the heavy and special weapons, but i didn't want you to accidentaly be running illegal setups within your squads.

Yep, and while they can fire at a different target than the vehicle, if the vehicle is damaged so it cannot fire at all- neither can they.

Its a very risky tactic to use with a Rhino, as even a single glancing hit removes your ability to fire the next turn on the squad aswell.

Yep, and while they can fire at a different target than the vehicle, if the vehicle is damaged so it cannot fire at all- neither can they.

I assume you are talking about shaken/stunned results here as opposed to weapon destroyed. A squad of guys can still shoot out of a rhino with it's storm bolter destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...
However, if the vehicle moves up to 6" then themodels inside count as moving and so are unable to fire heavy weapons, and rapid fire weapons shoot two shots at 12" range. If the vehice moves further than 6" then passengers are unable to fire, the same is true if the vehicle was stunned/shaken in the previous turn.

Yes, But you can move 12" disembark and rapid fire ;)

Yes, But you can move 12" disembark and rapid fire :D

Really? I was under the assumption that because it moved 12" nothing could fire...if so that is awesomeness.

pg 66: Models firing from a vehicle [...] may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at cruising speed that turn.

then..on pg 67: After a vehicle has already moved, the passengers may disembark. [...] After disembarking, these models may shoot, but may not assault.

Does this not count if they disembark? Damn these ambiguous rules!

Archived