Campaign Game rules...

Green Devils

Is there a book I should get? I have the Warhammer 40k rulebook, but it's the one from assault on blackreach, so it has rules, and just rules.

My friends got me into 40kr, and I want to try and do a campaign. I tried googling, but it appears lots of the rules differ from person to person and site to site, so i want to get the basic set of rules, and we can make changes from there.

Suggestions?

Depends, Planetary Empires could be a good palce to start. it comes with a multi-tile map and some special rules. Basically you play games and the winner is able to claim new tiles or fortify existing ones. First player to reach X amount of tiles wins.

After that it gets more complex, especially if you want to add in experience points for units. Can't remember if they are in the current book bu they were in the older ones. Basically just set a number of exp they should get for participating, survivng etc and then once hey reach say 100 (depends on how many you are handing out) they get to roll on an advancement table to gain a USR.

Or else do a narative campaign which involves a progressing story that chages as sides win or lose until it comes down to a final battle. You can add in bonuses/penalties for winning/losing key battles that may have an impact in the final game.

Is there a book I should get? I have the Warhammer 40k rulebook, but it's the one from assault on blackreach, so it has rules, and just rules.

My friends got me into 40kr, and I want to try and do a campaign. I tried googling, but it appears lots of the rules differ from person to person and site to site, so i want to get the basic set of rules, and we can make changes from there.

Suggestions?

Hey I would say there is no point buying a book for campaign rules as they are all pretty much examples... if you wanted the tiles you could get PE but you could make your own for less. Basically you need to decide if you want it to free flow where some says what they are doing and then if it works out grabs a bit of a map or if you will have a story tree and then based on a game being a win or a loss changes which branch of the story tree you go down (but basically you have what happens next for each event).

I've seen some rather complex campaigns that involve other game systems as well such as Gothic and where the campaign was set over multiple planets and where lots of people were involved. I remember one where you started with 5,000pts and you wrote an army list and then whatever models were "killed" in a game you rolled the dice to see if they had really died and if they had you lost them forever and that unit could never be built up again however we also had super-experiance benefits so I ended up having a squad of 5 super dire avengers all with power weapons and other neat stuff. However you were able to bring new units in up to your 5,000pt limit by playing plantery landing games in Gothic.

• 3 weeks later...

Something like that. I've got a few friends who play, and we wanted to do a LONG campaign, where each player starts with a few planets and theres planets controlled by neither side (so it's straight on fights, instead of attack and defend).

If you know any online resources that might have rules or suggestions or anyway, i'd be intrested in that as well.

Something like that. I've got a few friends who play, and we wanted to do a LONG campaign, where each player starts with a few planets and theres planets controlled by neither side (so it's straight on fights, instead of attack and defend).

If you know any online resources that might have rules or suggestions or anyway, i'd be intrested in that as well.

I don't know any sites myself but if you want to tell me how many people are playing, what armies they have (and how many points they have now) + how large you would like games to be able to go to (per player)... if you are interested in using other systems or not I could give you some ideas as to what might work for you by PM.

Archived