My new army.

gallery_52274_4670_672513.jpg

I've been doing my friends models for so long I've finally gotten around to mine. Now besides all the fun stuff I got here, I need a name because I intend on doing an IA for these guys. Now they are NOT Blood Angels successor, going more for Codex:SM because I like a well balanced army. Anyway If you guys could help me out with a name I would be really happy, also some CC would be great. And before I get hit with this, I know the mold line my file broke a few days ago and I've yet to get a new one. Anyway help me out with a name... maybe the person I choose will get his name on a battle brother.

Very nice combination, love the red and white. One question: seeing as I'm color blind can you tell me if that red is the same as Sons of Orar?

Even to me it looks darker but then again I have a piece monitor and I am red-green deficient.

Nonetheless I like them. Keep up the good work.

Shadow Nugs: Its brighter than the Sons of Orar. Also the shoulder paldrons are bone, unfortunately I don't have a very good camera so I have to use my Droids camera =/. But I wanted to go for a brighter red than the Sons but just a shade darker than the Blood Angels.

Verpine: Ye'sir they're freehand. Wasn't hard at all. I used one of the tut's from the Librarium. Thank god for that resource cause I would still be stuck right now with trying to pick out a chapter badge... The eagle/hawk head just jumped at me and screamed "Use ME!"

I really like that names so far...Blood Hawks are really jumping at me right now. Lets see what else can be thrown out there.

Ok so far so good guys! I'm really digging Ragin Griffons Red Consuls and I'm also liking Rosco's Ebon Falcons. Now lets give you a little more background on the Chapter. They are a White Scars Successor and use bikes heavily. Now discuss lol!

Nice scheme, and may I also just say it's quite refreshing to hear they're not a BA successor. ;) ;)

Here's my contribution to the name kitty:

Crimson Talons

Vermilion Falcons

Tempestuous Hawks (?)

Celestial Falcons

Or... if your feeling particuarly melodramatic, The Eviscerating Eagles! :mellow:

Keep up the good work!

gallery_52274_4670_720966.jpg

Sorry Kid but you lose =p. But these 3 just represent the 5 that I have done, working on the other 5 as I type this, or after I type this. But once again the Brother that chooses the best name that I like will be awarded his name on the Sgt's shoulder pauldron. Once again good luck boys!

A few name ideas:

Crimson Hawks

Eagle Blades

Doom Falcons

Firehawks

Annihilators

Also, I think that it would look really cool to have the helmets painted black with red eyes, to match the chapter symbol (possibly for all Marines, or just for the sergeants). Just an idea.

Is there anything more about the chapter that you can tell us? Do they have any specific iconography/weaponry that they prefer?

Well Hunter buddy, I was thinking the same thing for the sgts. I want to do sgt's helmets bone like the shoulders. Also to distinguish between types of squads I want to do the right shoulder another color. I was thinking black for the Assault boys, and maybe the same red for the Devastators. I really don't want to get that far off with the colors I got right now, I really like the contrast that the bone white bolters and weapons will have with the red armor. Anyway Fire hawks are definatly starting to jump up and kick me in the face... Maybe after seeing a few more names I'll make my choice =)

On another note. The other Ideas I had behind these guys was heavy use of bike squads, but not in the Mongols that the White Scars are based off of, but something near and dear to my heart, biker culture (ruff and tumble, no nonsense type of mentality) here in America. No, not the Hell's Angels because they are pretty much lawless more along the lines of the 'Nam Knights up here in the Northeast. Besides the whole biker theme, they are going to flame and plasma weapons heavily. Flame because I like the way fire looks ( and the idea of a dreadnought burning thru Orks lines is awesome) and plasma weapons because I love the unpredictability they bring to the game. So have at it boys I'm excited to see what else y'all say!

The fluff sounds really interesting. What's more in the story, who do they hunt. Is there a story for their founding or are you basing that off the name you choose

As for the names:

Gambit's Aerie

Blood Diamond

Rising Suns

Verpine: Ye'sir they're freehand. Wasn't hard at all. I used one of the tut's from the Librarium. Thank god for that resource cause I would still be stuck right now with trying to pick out a chapter badge... The eagle/hawk head just jumped at me and screamed "Use ME!"

I really like that names so far...Blood Hawks are really jumping at me right now. Lets see what else can be thrown out there.

Hi any chance of a link to that Tut? I have just been looking through the Librarium and did a quick search but got 23 Pages and couldn't find an article on freehand badges. I have just started my own chapter and need to do a badge for them.

Oh and what about the Spheral Hawks.

As Spheral can be taken to mean symmetrical; perfect in form as in the Sphere!

I totally forgot the Legion of the Damned was called the Fire Hawks.... god I have got to start paying better attention lol.

Terminatorinhell- Dude dont get me started on Tribes 2 =) but nice try lol.

Cold Fire- The tut that I'm talking about is a step by step for the eagle/hawk head that I used. There are a bunch for pre heresy armies and what not, but not many "generic" ones. They where all in the Painting/Hobby section if thats any help to ya.

Anyway I'm still not settled on a name yet, and I feel kind of like a spoiled woman on her wedding day... You know the one on TV that just cant choose if she wants a chocolate cake or a more expensive chocolate cake, I'm being spoiled here lol!

Well RagingGriffon you are the winner my friend, Red Consuls it is =). The name works well in the 40k universe and defiantly jumped at me and slapped me in my face! Now since RagingGriffon is a little long to throw on a Sgt's shoulder paldon Im going to shorten it to Griffon, unless though I get my Ven.Dreadnought built and based before I go on vacation I could put Raging Griffon on him.

Vulkan- Thanks bud, I just think the bone bolters are just an awesome contrast and you never see it done very ofter if at all. Also what I have on the block is the rest of that tac squad. They are already primed and what not just waiting for the detail work, 1 Venerable Dreadnought and 3 Bikers. When I get back from my cruise I'm going to get back to my local game store and get about 6-8 more bikes so I can start rouding this force out. They are going to hit quick and hit hard!

Thank you all for your comments and sorry about the names that wheren't picked but there will be many more chances believe me =)

Archived