DA Dreadnought

Wayward

Very nice, crisp paint job. The only thing is that it looks a bit too dark of a green for DA, looking almost black in the first pic but that's a matter of preference and isn't really an issue with your painting.

Thanks guys!

@Rain: The darker green is a matter of preference, but you are right. Next Im painting some Rhinos, and I will try something different with the green. If I like it, I'll try to repaint the green on the rest of my models to fit that tone. It will surely still be darker than the regular DA green, but the transition wont be so rough. Thanks a lot for your opinion, it makes me improve!

@Vadskær: Try this link:

http://img514.imageshack.us/i/dread0102.jpg/

Very nicely painted and detailed DA dread Wayward – and in my favourite (and the classic) DA weapon config too. He's nicely pimped without going over the top.

The dark green I like. Anyone remember Owen Rees' DA models will know that he mixed black with his DA green for a very 'dark' look.

Cheers

I

Thanx lads!

After a bit of thought I decided to light up a little the green, its just too dark. It will remain darker than the normal DA green, but not that much as this one is right now. Its a funny thing you mentioning Owen Rees stuff, Isiah, I already were painting my angels this dark when I first saw his work, but his superior skills made me improve my own. I started using glazes after that :lol:

Promise to make new shots for comparison when I lighten up the green.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived