Land Raiders... built options

hey fellow chaos worshippers.

im building a land raider for my abaddon to get into combat safely and i have a couple of questions that didnt sprout up with my ares conversion.

1. lascannons, nearer the front or nearer back, extra range or mor room for 5 termies to get out?

2. extra weapons and stuff, worth taking havoks or a combibolter?

thanks guys :lol:

Place em up front. you got plenty enough space for 5 termies , or 4 and abadonn to get out up front, and being up front give your closer edge to the angle atthe front, so you got a wider field of fire, for your Line of Sight to shoot targets with.

1. lascannons, nearer the front or nearer back, extra range or mor room for 5 termies to get out?

1) front... you could be in range of your enemies land raider but due to them having rear mounted ones and not moving *go figure* they could fail to be in range of you (but assumed they would have been because you were)... Also having the doors at the backs moves them further away from the assault ramp making it harder for people to block all your access points.

I put the TLLC up front as well, since it didn't make sense to me disembarking my guys in front of a huge cannon like that. As for any extras, I've only used Daemonic Possession so far, to make sure those silly glancing hits don't prevent me from getting my zerkers into action as soon as possible.

I would put hurricane bolters up the back thought as they have 16 slots and Im pretty sure that you cannot get 8 terminators within 2' of the door on the front, and if you partially disembark from the back they will lose coherency.

Yes I know that chaos do not get crusaders, its just this topic appeared to be more general than chaos specific.

I would put hurricane bolters up the back thought as they have 16 slots and Im pretty sure that you cannot get 8 terminators within 2' of the door on the front, and if you partially disembark from the back they will lose coherency.

I do not have a Land Raider with me but I reckon it can be done...

Yes I know that chaos do not get crusaders, its just this topic appeared to be more general than chaos specific.

I feel that the Crusader is the way to go if you're playing codex Space Marines, but Chaos don't have as many options unfortunately. Maybe in the next codex, say 4 years from now?

I feel that the Crusader is the way to go if you're playing codex Space Marines, but Chaos don't have as many options unfortunately. Maybe in the next codex, say 4 years from now?

try 10 :rolleyes:

you're optimistic... id put money on more than 10

thanks for all the advise guys, ill put a pic up when i get my camera back :lol:

you're optimistic... id put money on more than 10

Well, keep in mind that the Ultramarines are GW's main draw, so it would behoove them to keep the codex as current as possible. That being said, there are still many armies that need a fix, so who knows when we'll see a new book for either army.

Archived