Tell Me All About......

Bannus

Building upon and complimenting the Elemental Styles of armies is the general build of the army. While there are numerous variations to any given theme, I've placed them in some rather simplistic categories as follows:

1) The "Gun Line" Army (also known as the "shooty" army)

2) The Mechanized Army (also known to as "the Rhino Rush")

3) The Biker Army (a favorite of White Scars armies)

4) The Drop-pod army (a favorite of Raven Guard armies)

5) The "Balanced" Army (most favored by Water players and employs a little of everything)

6) The Assault Army (or close combat army)

If you wish to discuss a variation that is not specifically mentioned here (or applies as part of the elemental styles), let me know. It may fit as a variation within one of the preexisting topics or I can generate one if it doesn't mesh well with what we already have.

The threads on the elemental styles focus on how the army army plays (and a bit on builds favored by each style), while these threads will focus on on favored builds and tactics based on the actual build of the army. In the end, I hope we will have a good foundation of raw material to build upon.

So while the elemental threads focus on tactics first and then builds, these threads will focus on builds first and then tactics.

What we need to know here is what works and what doesn't work for a particular build of army - the genius and folly.

This particular thread focuses on the Drop-pod army.

Normally, I would post links to other extant threads that relate to the subject, but time is a bit tight this week, so feel free to post links to related topics within the tread and I'll move them to the first post later.

I appreciate all your help!

Let the discussions begin.....

Drop Pod Armies can be a very fun and fluffy way to play a Space Marine force, but like most army builds, it presents its own challenges. Drop Pod heavy forces have a tendency towards "fire" style tactics (though not really assault focused) since they try to inflict as much damage as possible as soon as possible in order to avoid protracted engagements where their usual lack of mobility begins to work against them. Think of a Pod force like an ACME anvil falling from the sky. If it hits something, it's going to hurt, but after it's dropped the threat level lessens considerably.

Pros: Drop Pod armies enjoy unparalleled freedom in deploying troops, allowing players to get directly into the most advantageous positions. Think of drop pods less as transports and more as a novel deployment option.

Cons: Using drop pods means that your troops are generally forced to foot slog after deepstrike making your force less mobile than most similarly-sized lists. It also forces you to keep half of your pods in reserve which causes your units to come in haphazardly. Not only is this sometimes unreliable, in some cases (Imperial Guard reserve roll shenanigans) it could cost you the game if you rely heavily on reserves. There are, of course, certain tricks to avoid such predicaments (Dopping your pods empty and walking your troops on from your deployment zone for instance, but you lose most of the benefit of the pod.

All-Pod Armies

An all Pod army is, as you may well guess from the title, made from only units that can take a drop pod transport. This means if it can't get a Pod, it doesn't get taken. This is relatively rare and does handicap the player slightly in certain instances because of its lack of flexibility and balance, it does, however, have the ability to hit like a ton of bricks and is a very characterful and fluffy list to build.

Hybrid Armies:

Few people run all-pod armies and so most lists will fall somewhere in the category of "hybrid" with some podding units and some conventional. Hybrid lists often have a strong long range fire base to balance out a short-range forward podding force, or they may have a mobile response force of units like bikes, speeders and jumppackers to counteract the lack of mobility that Pod armies suffer from. Some hybrid lists may choose to transport their troops in traditional transports, saving the pods for hard-hitting elites units like dreadnoughts and sternguard, plasma command squads, etc., while others may prefer a mix of scoring units in pods, traditional transports, or on bikes.

Shooting and Assault:

Because of the nature of Drop Pods, any unit dropping in will be forced to endure 1 turn in the open before they can charge into CC. Because of this, most units in Pods are typically shooty in nature --or at least have very strong shooting so that they can inflict heavy damage to the opponent's forces before your opponent has a chance to react to them. When building a Drop Pod army, a player should usually keep his primary focus on shooting to ensure the best results. However, since using a drop pod often brings units within spitting distance of the enemy, you will often find yourself as a target for charges. Expect to receive most charges rather than initiate them.

Range v. Raw Power:

This is a debate that anyone planning on using a Pod army (or any army) will have to work out for themselves. The question for Drop Pod units is this: Do you go with short-range, powerful weaponry to maximize the unit's first turn of fire but limit their long-term effectiveness as your short-range and low-mobility unit runs out of targets, or do you go with longer range weapons thereby reducing your alpha strike potential but allowing your less mobile elements to contribute as the battle shifts across the table? Most players will choose a mix of short and long range weapons to achieve a balance between these two extremes, but building a list with all of one type is certainly possible.

Tips and Tricks

The Principle of Odd Pods: Since the Rules of Drop Pod Assault state that half a player's Drop Pods must be deployed on turn one (rounding up for odd numbers), Many Players choose to use odd numbers of Pods to maximize the number of Pods that are guaranteed to come in on the first turn. The more Pods on the ground, the more units you have at your disposal from the beginning, and the fewer Pods you'll be waiting on in subsequent turns.

Combat Squadding Upon Landing: It still has all the benefits and downsides as normal, but Drop Pods allow you to decide to combat squad when the unit disembarks from the pod rather than at the beginning of the game. This allows a degree if flexibility that non-podding units don't have. This makes it great for things like splitting a Sternguard squad into two combat squads to tackle multiple units upon disembarkation.

Channeling: Drop Pods are very large models as far as 40K goes. Hoard armies especially can be channeled into more convenient kill zones by dropping pods in such a way to create choke-points perfect for things like flamers or blast weapons.

Blocking: Similar to Channeling, blocking denys easy access to your troops or objectives by placing a gigantic friggin' model directly in their way.

Instant Cover: Use your Pods to shelter your units. You'd be surprised what you can hide behind a Pod or two.

Contesting: Don't be afraid to drop an empty Pod on an objective in order to contest it later in the game, yes it's an open-topped vehicle, but it's still AV12 all around so it'll take some dedication on your opponent's part to get rid of it. This means he's not shooting at the stuff that can actually kill him.

Core Units to consider in Drop Pod Armies:

Tactical Marines: Tactical marines will often be the back-bone of any Drop Pod list, not only because they are troops, but because they can be outfitted to do some real damage up close. Rapid fire range is where the tactical squad shines and Drop Pods are one way to get them into that sweet spot in a hurry. Because of their typically short range focus, I recommend looking into taking combi-weapons on sergeants (combi-flamers are particularly helpful) when podding to maximize your alpha-strike potential as much as possible. I also recommend looking into a power weapon or fist to help thin out the enemy ranks when you inevitably get charged.

Sternguard: With their excellent firepower and flexibility in loadout, Sternguard present a Drop Pod player with a very effective offensive hammer unit. A Sternguard unit full of combi-meltas makes a very real threat to armor. Similarly a unit with combi-flamers and Heavy Flamers can cause a sickening amount of wounds on hoard or power armor armies alike. Also, their veteran stats give them 2 base attacks which makes them better than tacticals at taking a charge. Their downside is that they still die just as readily as tacticals to enemy return fire and assault so either drop them in and expect to lose them or support them with other Drop Pod elements to keep your expensive vets around for a few turns.

Dreadnoughts: Dreadnoughts are great units for Pod Armies, combining decent armor, firepower and CC stats, dreadnoughts can be a very flexible unit that can perform a variety of tasks in a pod list. Many players use MM/HF dreads in their first wave of Pods to slag enemy armor or to catch footslogging enemy troops. When dropped in concert with a tactical squad or sternguard, they can provide a degree of CC deterrent depending on the situation. Most Pod dreadnoughts are designed to get in close and usually retain the dreadnought close combat weapon to maintain flexibility and capitalize on the ability of the drop pod to get in your opponent's face. Ironclad dreadnoughts are also fairly popular with Drop Pod players since their thicker armor and close-range loadout make it ideally suited to Pod armies. It's weakness verses a normal dreadnought is that it's short-range weaponry combined with it's relatively low mobility rating mean that it can get left behind as the battle shifts later in the game.

Suggested HQ choices:

Librarian: Always a good choice for almost any marine army, librarians provide a flexible HQ choice that can also be configured with very respectable short-range shooting powers in the form of Smite, Avenger, or Vortex which can coincide nicely with a drop pod full of Sternguard or tacticals. Librarians can also work as stand-in transports for your mobility-challenged troops with the Gate of Infinity power. This can lessen the sting of not having any real transports in your list. Combined with some locator beacons in a few of your Pods, and you can safely warp squads between your pods with pinpoint accuracy.

Master of the Forge: This is a good HQ choice for those of you who either want a lot of dreadnoughts in your pod list, or have already used up your elites slot with other units like sternguard and need some Pod-based heavy support for your list. While not the most amazing HQ in terms of stats and options, the MotF is no slouch when it comes to short range shooting with his servo harness and ability to shoot two weapons per turn, he is also not too shabby at CC —particularly when given a power weapon and bolt pistol as this gives him 4 power weapon attacks and two servo arm powerfist attacks on the charge. With that number of attacks he can also provide a very real charge deterrent for any squad he joins. His disadvantages include his lack of an invulnerable save and his Marine standard WS which make him less of a threat in CC than other HQs you might be considering.

Other units you might consider (Hybrid Lists)

Vanguard Veterans: While they really shouldn't ride in a Pod and they are REALLY expensive, a Pod army with several Locator Beacons sprinkled across the table is one of the few lists that is likely to pull off Heroic Intervention with any regularity. Unless your opponent is able to either destroy all your Pods as they come in, or can stay far enough away from them to avoid presenting a target for H.I. Vanguard, there's probably something that they'll be able to drop in on. Remember that only Pods which have been on the table at the START of the players turn have active beacons. You are not allowed to drop in a Pod and use its beacon to direct your Vanguard all in the same turn.

Landspeeders: Landspeeders are not Pod units and so can't be used in pure Pod builds, but they can deepstrike and they possess a degree of mobility that the rest of your list is likely to lack. I highly recommend these to anyone considering a Drop Pod list. Loadout varies depending on what you need them to do, but MM speeders, MM/HF, and Typhoons can all be good options depending on your needs.

Bikes and Assault Squads: Again, these units don't fit the them of the army quite as well, but they do provide things the rest of your army may lack like good mobility and CC ability. Consider these units if you are thinking about running a hybrid list.

Scout Bikers: Somewhat gimmick-y, but it's the only unit that can start on the board with a locator beacon and, therefore, is the only way to ensure even your first turn pods come in exactly where you want them. Running a minimum squad with a beacon, maybe some grenade launchers and/or a melta bomb could be one option, or take a full squad and run them as a rapid response unit.

Fire Base Units:

These units can form a core for the firebase in a hybrid Pod list providing the long range fire-support to assist your forward Podding elements.

Predators: One of the best fire support units for a Hybrid list, predators offer long range, decent durability, and affordability to any list. It's direct fire weapons also ensure you'll not be shooting your own men due to bad scatter when your forward elements drop in right next to the enemy.

Shooty Dreadnoughts: Another good firebase unit for Pod lists, shooty dreads such as the 2xTLAC or LC/ML dreads provide good, high strength weaponry perfect for knocking the transports out from under mechanized foes, which can help to mitigate your own relative lack of mobility. They can even be given Pods if you are trying to make things fluffy.

T-Fire Cannons: A good unit if you want to keep with the Pod theme since it can take a Pod of its own, however, I discourage actually Podding these in since you lose turns in reserve and/or setting up when you disembark. This thing should be firing from turn 1 on. The other problem with these (and any other blast or barrage weapon) is that if your troops are Podding in close to the enemy, you run the risk of firing on your own troops due to bad scatter.

Devastators: Another Pod-capable unit, but again, I suggest you don't actually use the Drop Pod for the same reasons as the T-Fire. The only time I would go against this advice is if I planned on taking a squad with 4 Multi Meltas to drop in the middle of the board on turn 1 as an area denial unit, but even this isn't a great idea unless your opponent always holds everything in reserve ––in which case you lose nothing when your Devs take a turn to set up the kill zone.

Whirlwinds: I'd like these guys a lot more if I weren't worried about them scattering onto my forward drop elements. Still, they offer good hoard thinning power and can work well in conjunction with Podding dreadnoughts since the dreads will shrug off the WW template most of the time.

That's all I have time for right now. Not exhaustive, but it's a good start I think! :lol:

Vanguard Veterans: While they really shouldn't ride in a Pod and they are REALLY expensive, a Pod army with several Locator Beacons sprinkled across the table is one of the few lists that is likely to pull off Heroic Intervention with any regularity. Unless your opponent is able to either destroy all your Pods as they come in, or can stay far enough away from them to avoid presenting a target for H.I. Vanguard, there's probably something that they'll be able to drop in on. Remember that only Pods which have been on the table at the START of the players turn have active beacons. You are not allowed to drop in a Pod and use its beacon to direct your Vanguard all in the same turn.

Just going to jump in on this note and offer some words of support for the Drop-Podding Vanguard. Throwing a first-turn Drop Pod full of Vanguard down and running them into cover creates a wonderful Forlorn Hope unit. If you've equipped the Squad with 4 weapon upgrades and 3 Storm Shields (with the remaining 3 guys having Melta Bombs if you want), once they are in Cover you have an incredibly threatening unit that the enemy will have to focus fire. Because you can play games with wound allocation (especially if you take Cassius...), you can ensure that your hard hitting weapon upgrades survive long enough to contact the enemy, while drawing massive fire off the rest of the force.

The first guys down take a ton of casualties, but the immediate threat forces your enemies hand and can preserve your other units.

Blood Angels should of course use the Death Company in the role.

The Tactic, btw, is called the Forlorn Hope

Scout Bikers: Somewhat gimmick-y, but it's the only unit that can start on the board with a locator beacon and, therefore, is the only way to ensure even your first turn pods come in exactly where you want them. Running a minimum squad with a beacon, maybe some grenade launchers and/or a melta bomb could be one option, or take a full squad and run them as a rapid response unit.

With this unit, one the rain of Pods is down you have two possible courses of action; you can be going somewhere else, in order to guide the next wave, or you can act as an Assault unit to secure the LZ. The Major weakness of the Drop Pod List is the inability to Assault on the turn the Pods come down. A Scout Biker Squad neatly circumvents this.

With this unit, one the rain of Pods is down you have two possible courses of action; you can be going somewhere else, in order to guide the next wave, or you can act as an Assault unit to secure the LZ. The Major weakness of the Drop Pod List is the inability to Assault on the turn the Pods come down. A Scout Biker Squad neatly circumvents this.

Yeah this is basically what I was trying to say. Thanks for elaborating.

Also, I've heard of that Vanguard tactic before, but never put much stock in it. Haven't tried it personally though so I'll let you talk about that one.

I fell compelled to have Third Company contribute.

A good all-around "Airborn Assault" list would be based around the Pod, of course, but everything else needs the synergy of the deep strike move, or to set up the strike.

The units in a pod-list should be selected by "entry phase type" - there are three groupings - 1. deployed, 2. turn 1, and 3. reserved.

Deployed units are those that would have hit the DZ before the game starts - scouts of course, and devs (who story-wise deploy in pods that dropped nearby...). Scouts (as above) could be used to secure a deployment zone objective, scout to a key terrain piece, etc. Devs could be demi or full squads, and set to provide the longer ranged AT support or high volume horde control a pod army can benefit from.

First turn pods and reserve pods need some sort of killer vs regular split. Killer pods are sternguard and dreads, etc. Regulars are tactical squads, typically. If your opponent is deployed, land the killers turn 1 to strike their keystone unit. If the opponent is reserved, hold the killers and deploy the regulars.

If not all pod, but hybrid, using the beacons you call in all sorts od deep strikers - assault troops, vanguard, terminators, and speeders (or crazy BA landraiders...).

Leaders for the pods need to bring strength to the group. Librarians with avenger/null, Kantor with Inspiring, and Vulkan all bring the type of "bonus" a codex marine list needs. Stories told but never seen in a battle report is the mythic all-pod Kantor/Vulkan list, with nothing but flamers and melta. Another beneficial HQ may be tigurius, who allows reserve re-rolls, and brings all the spells to the table.

Weaponry for the pod squads should focus on the short to intermediate range low AP/high S weaons, or flamers. A healthy mix is great. I try when possible to use a rule of 3 for AT weapons...a sternguard with 2 MGs and a combi-MG can reliably take out a transport; 2 MGs and 4 combi-MGs can take out two when combat squadded. Avenger and vengeance rounds make short work of MEQs.

First wave pods should have beacons only if other reserved units need them on later turns. Pods do not necessarily need them, due to their guidance package, although sometimes they do scatter. First wave pods can also benefit from deathwind missile launchers, especially if you have horde opponents.

On deploying from the pods, do not think you have to stand on the 'enemy facing". Pods give cover to you, depending on the number of models getting cover. Use to your advantage.

First wave pods can also benefit from deathwind missile launchers, especially if you have horde opponents.

Is this because they're going to be around for a few turns? Remember - you can't fire them on the turn they land!

Or is it because you're landing them where the enemy is? In this case, following your own suggestion you would want to put them with the "killers" if your opponent has deployed and with the "regulars" if not. Unfortunately, the fact that you have to make up the list beforehand and declare what unit is in what pod makes this impossible.

Whilst I like the "idea" of the DWL, I think the FW Deathstorm pods are how it's meant to work.

I'd rather spend the points on more combi-weapons and/or heavy flamers for the sternies, or assault weapons for the tacts.

DWL notwithstanding, I like your comments, this thread definitely has my interest piqued.

Cheers, Paul.

Yes on the DML's- need to be there turn 1 because they cannot be used till turn 2. ALSO - imagine the situation where nid's take out your marines...and a DML pod is on the objective or near it...it keeps hitting the nids, and they (depending on their S) cannot damage it. The DML essentially for 30 points takes the place of support fire from a whirlwind at 85 points. It is also a distraction - the opponent has to make a decision to pop it or not if it is armed....

That's all I have time for right now. Not exhaustive, but it's a good start I think! ;)

You shouldn't need to contribute it all - it is a community project aftter all!

But this post is exactly what we are looking for! :) :P

That's all I have time for right now. Not exhaustive, but it's a good start I think! ;)

You shouldn't need to contribute it all - it is a community project aftter all!

But this post is exactly what we are looking for! :tu: :tu:

Awww. . . you didn't give *me* any cudos on my long-winded rambling in the Mechanized thread. Sniffle, sniffle. :D

But I will say that after my Rhinos are all done being painted, I was going to build a good half-dozen drop pods and this thread has already brought to mind a couple of things that I hadn't considered. Good on ya.

Another good use for pods is that they are a large, movement blocking, LOS blocking piece of cover with a weapon. Against armies you really don't want to be that close to (nids, for example), drop the pods empty to block movement and funnel them towards your fire lanes. Your whirlwind will be very happy when they have to huddle together to get past a narrow gap between pods :)

And because the pods are a vehicle, the only way to remove them is by exploding it, which is, admittedly easier due to being open topped.

I've tried a hybrid pod list and the only thing that I hate about it is that when my opponent see's that i'm using pods, they insatntly reserve everything basically neutralizing my hybrid pod list. I hate reserves, I hate them so much. I wish i had enough to do an all pod list maybe thats better. Definitly very cool.

I've tried a hybrid pod list and the only thing that I hate about it is that when my opponent see's that i'm using pods, they insatntly reserve everything basically neutralizing my hybrid pod list. I hate reserves, I hate them so much. I wish i had enough to do an all pod list maybe thats better. Definitly very cool.

I run a hybrid pod list as well, but I tend to compliment the pods with Assault units (My hybrid pod is played with BT rules, I play mech Ultramarines). This makes it a double edged sword for the opponent to reserve (ignoring for a second the awesomeness that is the BT Pod rules). If they reserve, you can always drop pods on objectives/or drop them in range to shoot and assault your opponents units as they come in, also this gives your assault units a full turn of movement unmolested by enemy shooting always a big bonus.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not sure what the BT pod awesomeness is either. Unless it's the fact that all of their infantry units are better off in close combat and the drop pod assault rules in the BT codex state that you must reduce the scatter distance so you drop 1" short of impassable terrain or enemy units. Thus you never have to roll on the deep strike mishap table unless they scatter off the table.

I don't play anything but black templars though so I'm ignorant of other chapter's deep striking ability but basically templars NEED to be in CC even if YOU get charged. Just kit them out for max attacks and get them REAL close, preferably without losing a model, and let the EC's vow that gives preferred enemy to all of your infantry do the rest. Five Assault Terminators with LC/LC on the charge work out to 20 attacks 15 of them will hit on average, assuming equivalent weapon skill values, AND you can re-roll wounds!

Basically if you are paying 50 points to give your army preferred enemy against any enemy army then you only want to run infantry, and drop pods are 20 points cheaper than Rhinos! Therefore maximising the number of units you can take and minimising the risks of foot sloggers getting shot at is VERY beneficial to a black templar's army. There are "downsides" that people can exploit like if you can declare a charge you must declare a charge thus people try to charge bait to attempt to counter attack. But if you're whole army is kitted out for CC then you are most likely going to do this anyway and as long as you have made good decisions on wargear then this tactic shouldn't pose a problem. The Accept any challenge.... vow affects dreadnoughts as well thus covering the core choices in a drop pod army.

For a hybrid BT drop pod army you can literally take a mech list and switch the transports for drop pods and squeeze in additional units!

I think that the main deal for BT is that they don't suffer from the Drop Pod Assault rule that forces the SM/SW/BA pod owner to drop half (rounded up) his/her pods on turn 1.

Canny opponents can choose to reserve everything, forcing the drop podder to

(1) drop empty pods and forsake any mobility for the erstwhile contents, or

(2) drop populated pods forwards, exposing them to enemy fire when the opponent rolls on, or

(3) drop populated pods towards his/her own board edge, again leaving the contents with a long footslog ahead of them.

BT rules allow the pods to come in from reserve "normally". Whilst this increases the risk that they arrive piecemeal, they can be "aimed" at designated targets within the opponent's army and they will at least be able to get some shots off once they land.

Cheers, Paul

• 3 weeks later...
5) The "Balanced" Army (most favored by Water players and employs a little of everything)

You need to reread the original Elemental article. You don't need "a little of everything" to be a water army.

The original thesis was to break down lists into air (win by movement), fire (win by shooting), earth (win by assault) and water (beat the rest of them).

The way water works is by being able to neutralize the inherent advantage of the other three and attack them in their weaknesses.

I do it using a Black Templar Deep Strike List using only four different units: Typhoon Land Speeders, Crusader squads in Drop Pods, Terminator squads and at higher points either an Assault Terminator squad or Venerable Dreadnought in a Pod.

I take advantage of the older codex to allow for two weapons per squad, although I'll note that there is a disadvantage that Templars never get any Sergeants except in Command Squads (which are retinues under the rules), so I have to use one of those slots if I want a power weapon/fist so it balances out. For the Terminators it means we can get two Cyclones in a squad of five and we still retain Veteran skills, so a Tank Hunter dual Cyclone squad is better than C:SM can get. The Assault Terminators get Furious Charge for a few points, which makes them a touch nastier than the C:SM version at a slightly higher cost, but otherwise are just the same. We also get a slight discount for our Typhoon Speeders.

What this list has is duality for real. The large amount of 48" firepower that can go against vehicles or infantry works well, being able to provide firepower all over the board with any kind of central location. The Speeders and reserve rolls provide sufficient mobility to deal with movers, the massed missile launchers provide firepower to contend with shooters, and the Preferred Enemy vow helps against assaulters. However, remember the purpose of water is to neutralize the enemies' advantage and attack their weakness. The same points do this, against movers, I shoot out their mobility (which actually helps against the other two anyway), against shooters, play games with cover saves and get close with any deep striking units and against assault guys, use the drop advantage, speed and range to hammer them before they get close then charge in with Preferred Enemy.

The ability to reserve everything and have it come in where I want it (if not how) means the enemy must either sit tight or open themselves up to me. In either case, I gain the initiative and direct the flow of battle. That is key for a water army, you must control the flow of battle and make it happen on your terms. When you don't, you lose.

Mostly, you will find my Speeders and Terminators on the field (although not always) and only my Crusaders in reserve. It is easy enough to hide those units if I need to survive a turn's fire and if the enemy turtles in a corner or on their side, then I simply start sniping away at them and if they stay there, then depending on the game, I choose where to drop in. Most armies will have to move and as soon as they move, my pods get more opportunity to drop in decisively. It might be to grab and objective far away from stuff, it might be a distraction unit with some suicide melta action, it might be a blocking unit or whatever.

With my Assault Terminators, built 3xTLC/2xTH&SS with Furious Charge, I have a unit that may not do much besides kill a few things and soak up a lot of fire. That is fine, because if I force you to focus fire on them or try to get past them, they have served their purpose. If you want to play, then they are happy to accommodate you with a dance. I love it when Deathstars want to play because mine isn't there to charge home and win (although it can), it is there to soak things up.

Algesan - yes, I know Water Armies don't always have a little of "everythinhg". You missed the context. The context here is based on the army composition more than the style. In this context, Water armies will favor a combination of these army types instead of just one (Water armies will likely not be composed exclusively of Drop Pods, Bikes, etc.). You may want to check out the sticky at the top of the forum. It has links that will take to the threads discussiing Space Marines as elemental armies. Your contributions in them would be greatly appreciated.

Archived