[Artwork] Talos from Soul hunter UPDATE coloured

Yogi

Could look less 'Renegade' and more 'Chaotic', but as a lousy follower of the Dark Gods, I like your rendition of Talos. Excellent drawing and I'd love to see more of your work! :tu:

I agree with the Sithic Spud. Looking forward to seeing it coloured.

Could look less 'Renegade' and more 'Chaotic', but as a lousy follower of the Dark Gods, I like your rendition of Talos. Excellent drawing and I'd love to see more of your work! :tu:

That's what makes him Talos though. He hates the Ruinous powers and has none of his original warplate remaining, it's all scavenged.

I'm liking it; everything seems to be in (Astartes) proportions. I'd just like to see some more wear and tear to his armor (scratches, gouges) before you get to the coloring phase. Talos isn't the type to come out of a fight unscathed all the time.

Nice job :D

Are you going to put a background in, cos there's a nice opportunity there to make it really dark and do awesome red-eye-lens glows!

Subbing to see you colour it.

Do I spy a little Blood Angel reference on the sword? This is a nice looking sketch - my only suggestion would be to make the armour appear more mis-matched. Maybe give him different greaves - one with the kneepad, the other without. Maybe different gauntlets too - and plenty more battle damage!

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/mabbon/Taloscoloured.jpg

Nice job :( The shading's nice and smooth. Looks good! Also can I say the sword looks really good. It's foreshortened pretty well, which is something I find incredibly difficult to do.

Will keep my eyes open for more from you!

@ raging griffon Thanx

@raye I found learning about 1 point 2 point perspective really useful in just understanding how to draw things foreshortened. (maybe google that; I read it in a book so can't direct you there) Not that I actually use the construction lines (too lazy) but the understanding was key for me. Also Photoshop lets you draw straight lines if you hold down shift with the paintbrush which is how I did the blade. Then just draw and redraw till it look acceptable to you. Also thanx for the comment.

@raye I found learning about 1 point 2 point perspective really useful in just understanding how to draw things foreshortened. (maybe google that; I read it in a book so can't direct you there) Not that I actually use the construction lines (too lazy) but the understanding was key for me. Also Photoshop lets you draw straight lines if you hold down shift with the paintbrush which is how I did the blade. Then just draw and redraw till it look acceptable to you. Also thanx for the comment.

No probs :unsure: good to know! (I have the lazies too.. I get about halfway through colouring really thoroughly and then just start Burn Tooling everything.)

A quick alteration in photoshop to help with scale I did, if that's ok. It's a bit messy as I don't have my tablet plugged in at the moment. The perspective is a little off now since I ran the lasso tool over it but oh well.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1924/taloscoloured.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lateness. Just wanted to say thanx for the comments I missed.

Aquatone he looks a little fat like that to me. But I see your comment, his legs are skinny. But I get what you were demonstrating.

ADB I'm working on it.

Hey Yogi, you might want to check this out man. ;)

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/

You're famous bro! :P

lol great job man! Your a legend now!

Woot! Yeah I am quite chuffed.

Do a webcomic.

I'd read it.

Thanx

Great to see you working on your art skills there Yogi.

You sure do learn fast!

Keep it up! :unsure:

I will cheers Graymantle. Feels like a long time for me though.

Thanks to everyone on this board, you have been a real help in this endevour.

Archived