[Artwork] The Grand Justifiers

Odsox

Wotcher,

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1277465914091007200.jpg

This is a really old picture I made for a friend's birthday present one year. It was accompanied by a single tactical marine painted in his Chapter (the Grand Justifiers) colours, which were something like this:

spacemarine.jpg

They were created thanks to Dawn of War on the PC, which really helped me get into the hobby.

Just thought I'd throw it up here. C&C welcome and encouraged. :D

Nullus Anxietas,

Od.

Blimey, 113 views and not a single comment? So either the picture's too good for words (which I doubt) or it's completely 'meh'.

No opinions or suggestions? Kind of rare for any forum, but I'll take the silence as a compliment. :)

Thanks for looking!

I can't see the pic. Might explain lack of comments (altho it's not actually that unusual of these forums - you get a lot of vouyeur silent types! :))

**NEWS FLASH** Ignore the first bit - my computer finally loaded the pic. It's very good - you've picked up a l;ot of detail on the armour and back pack. Heavy bolter looks a little on the small side imo, but not a massive issue. Nice work.

It's pretty normal to get a lot of views and no replies on here. The picture is very good. It has a lot of character and the movement is brilliant in the heavy bolter marine. The power fist could be improved upon a little, but other than that it's great.

Ah brilliant, there is life on the thread. I thought I'd done something wrong. =D

Thanks for the comments folks, especially regarding the powerfist. I'm just pleased you guys noticed it, everyone else who's seen this just thought I'd drawn a massive, out-of-proportion hand.

I'll go check out Aerion's work. If it's as good as his dA stuff, I'm prepared to be impressed!

Thats a good solid picture - plenty of action in it and the sarge is waving his fist at an unseen enemy and the depth of detail is great. My only critique is that some parts seem a little out of proportion or slightly out of perspective. Take the muzzle flash of the bolter as an example. Love the detail of the flash itself, it just doesn't seem to folowing the line the bolter is pointing in.

Other than some minor things, it's a good piece of art.

Archived